Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me a Mope

Which where I come from is a cross between a Moron and a Dope.

But did anyone have the same problem as me trying to get the allen screws and the nuts off of their roll cage.

I could not fit a socket on to the nylon nuts because the sleeve is to close and I broke the dam allen wrench trying to crack the nut.

I was trying to run a stereo wire through the piping inside the roll cage from the top where I mounted the stereo on the underside of the roof and go down the piping to the hood.

The two bolts holding the roll cage together at the bottom right side where the piping meets the hood were obstructing the snake to send the wire through to the stereo.

I figured I would back them out and snake the wire through where I drilled the hole to go under the dash but for the life of me I could not get the dam allens outta the nylon bolts even with 250 llbs of force from my body.

The only thing I could figure after I broke the allen wrench was they musta used an air gun.

Am I the only one that has run in to this crap?

·
Just kidding!
10,754 Posts
Mine were not that tight.They must have had the air gun turned up when they put yours on.Or your turning it backwards. :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I aint that much of a Mope to be turning it backwards.....LOL

Naaaa I dun turned it both ways and got a little to none movement and broke the wrench after about leaning on it hard after the fifteenth time.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
A little WD40 or PB Blaster wouldn't hurt

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used WD and then put Marvel Mystery oil on and ate lunch plus three beers for a stress reducer.

Still no cooperation from them there bolts....................Over

1 - 9 of 9 Posts