Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Oscoda/Hale Huron Trails

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Blthndr 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to purchase a RZR in the next few months and need advice on 50" or 60". I know there is talk all over but couldn't find info. specific to the Huron trails in the Oscoda/Hale area. I have a buddy with a cabin there and he has a 4-seat Yamaha that seems to "fit" easily on the local trail. It wasn't until we were a few miles in that we noticed they were posted as 50" and turned around thinking we were going to get busted. The trails were a sand highway compared to what I used to ride my quad on in the St. Helen area but we were only a few miles west of The Dam Store. All I can think is they get a lot tighter as you go West/South so that's why they limit to 50"

I want to buy something to plow, use at the mounds (I live 20 minutes from there), and also use on trails in the lower peninsula and hopefully around my friends cabin.

Any issues with a 60" in the Oscoda/Hale area?

#2 ·
Your best source for trail info will be the Michigan DNR ORV maps and the Huron National Forest MVUM, Motor Vehicle Usage Map. Motorcycle, 50” or less, and routes or roads that accept all widths. Michigan DNR also has maps showing which state forest roads are open for all widths. Very limited number of roads or routes in the area you noted for ORVs greater than 50”.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.