Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Team Hundy (Me, Michelle, and the dogs and cat) are loading up and heading to the Oregon Dunes for a few days. Leaving Thurs am, should be there by Fri afternoon.

Taking the RZR S in the 40' Weekend Warrior- not sure where we are going to camp yet-- any suggestions are welcome.

Anyone want to come out and camp and/or ride with us?:rzrs: Everyone is welcome, and I WILL have cooool sodas...:pint:

We'll be driving a white Dodge 4dr dually.

Cell is 760 964 5123

Hope to meet up with some sxs'rs!!!

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
There will be 4 RZRs coming down from Victoria, BC, Canada....we will be there on Sunday and leaving the following Saturday. We'll be at the Oregon Dunes KOA. (1 Walker Evans RZR, 1 green RZR, 1 Stealth Black RZR (mine) and my kids RZR 170. I will have a white Ford 150 Super Crew with a UTV CRAP / RZR Forums sticker on the back window.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have stayed at the KOA before-- actually not bad-

I have no reservations--- gonna wing it! Looks like we should be able to hookup with somebody!:ride:

Going to get 6 new tires on the trailer rt now---- I will plan more later...!

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
My buddies went there last year...they said they drove from their site to the dunes???
Yes, you can ride to the dunes.....its just a ways to actually get to the sand.

Got to do down one gravel road, thru a couple of business, down a paved road, cross the tracks, down another gravel road....THEN you are on the sand.

Make your own opinion. Personally I hate that place, ***but most of my friends love it***
On site store, laundry, power, water, sewer, TV hookup, internet, shower house, playground for the kids......
(I think Friday is the icecream social?)
But, I'm only there to empty my gas cans if you know what I mean, I have all of those hook ups at my house if I wanted them that bad!!!

Either way, you are at the Oregon dunes....If the KOA is my biggest problem, then I'm having a pretty good day

HAVE FUN

·
Middle-aged Madness
145 Posts
We're headed for Riley Ranch Fri P M . It is just North of KOA, and you have to have your rigs shuttled to the sand. Haven't been there b/4, and one of our guys has never been to the Coos Bay-North Bend section of the dunes. They hope to have direct sand access next year, after doing battle with the enviros. It is a Coos County park and they provide a van and trlr. that can handle two SxS at a time. We will be there till Sun. PM. So if you see an all silver S model with 3-4 Redline Revolts, come flag us down.:ride:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The Riley Ranch issue has been settled in favor of the off road riders.
Now we have to wait out the appeal time before construction starts.
There are bets being taken the tree hugger shits will file an appeal on the last day.
The county is wait to start construction until that time has passed.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
The Riley Ranch issue has been settled in favor of the off road riders.
Now we have to wait out the appeal time before construction starts.
There are bets being taken the tree hugger shits will file an appeal on the last day.
The county is wait to start construction until that time has passed.
I heard....third person here

The park ownes their property, and they own the property on the other side of the RR tracks. Now the RR company is giving them a hard time.....I guess there is a tunnel that the farmer used back in the day to get equipment from one side to the other, but the RR company wont let them use it(the tunnel), and is wanting a bridge

I think that county is starting to swing the other way from the tree huggers, those dunes pump millions into those little towns....and they know it

I guess its wait and see huh?? Its a nice place, we drove thru there last month just to check it out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx for all the info!!!

All loaded up, ready to go in the am! (well. almost)

My loose plan is to spend Fri and Sat nites up at Disco Pt/Half moon if possible (I'll try for reservations in the morning)---

Then maybe try to get in at the KOA for Sun and Mon nites to do some riding with you guys down there---

Then tues and wed for the drive home--- I have to be back by the 26th.

I should have internet service, so post up!!!:rzrs:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.