Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Eibach just put these kits on sale so I snapped a set of Stage 3 for my Turbo S Velocity. I bought the stage 3 because I was informed here the front springs where the same spring rate as stage 2 but the rear springs where a heavier springs rate for those carrying 100+ pounds of gear in the back of the machine.

With that said, whether you have stage 2 or 3 where did you end up adjusting the following:
  • Where did you set your preload to on the collars?
  • Where did you set the cross over rings
  • What kind of rear front and rear GC did you set it to?

I've read the instructions from Eibach but I've been told they are merely a starting point and leave a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm still playing around with mine. I have a different car so what I did might not work for you. Plus a lot of it is personal preference. We like a bit of a cushier ride so our x-overs are a bit higher. Easy enough to move though - just go easy on the set screws - easy to strip out I was told.

One thing I'd do for sure is set the ride height to whatever Eibach says in the directions. IIRC it's about 1/2 to 3/4" higher than the Polaris manual - the factory has to pass a roll over test so they set it lower at the factory.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have the stage 3 and have them at Eibach's recommended settings. I haven't messed with them much but think I may stiffen the pre-load a little. It will bottom out every once in a while in the rear but I am heavy. I have a tool bag, ice chest and spare tire rack, two extinguishers, and two extra axles..

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,941 Posts
Since your shocks are the same you want essentially the same ground clearance (unless you change tires). As a general statement you want 1/3 of the shaft travel in "preload" and the rest available for load travel.

Personally I use this:

Dune explained the personal preference side of crossove rings just fine. Personally I use 1.5" above the divider, but I'm more focused on performance than cush. You'll just have to play. That gets set after the preload adjust.

Don't forget tire pressure affect ride and handling. Personally I'm at 15 psi now. More is a little harsh, less let it roll too much.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Don't forget tire pressure affect ride and handling. Personally I'm at 15 psi now. More is a little harsh, less let it roll too much.
Good point.

I run 13-14 PSI for desert hard pack (cush factor and 1 or 2 PSI makes a huge difference) - yep, gotta be careful around turns - 9 PSI with my sand tires which is a whole different ball game altogether.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts