Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a little help on suspension adjustment. I bought a full ORB kit (upper and lower A arms - 1.5 forward, radius rods and sway bars).
I've got the front done and finished the driver rear.
My question is....where do I start in trying to get it all adjusted? I've got it "eyeballed" the best I can.
Also, being that it is all heim adjustable would you run negative camber? 70% of my riding is at the Hatfield and MCcoy trails in WV.

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
You will need to set the camber after the suspension has settled and at ride height. Load it as you would on the trail and drive it around a few minutes to settle everything in place. Personally I sent mine setup for zero rear camber and ~1.5-2.0 degrees on toe-in. The front ~1.0-1.5 degrees on negative camber. I set the front toe ~0.125"-0.25" toe in as measured on the tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get the reason for camber - going around trails in the woods, but why toe in? what advantage would having the tires pointed at each other have?

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
688 Posts
So it doesn’t become toe out…

Most automobiles have a slight amount of toe in also. The reason is, the tires grabbing on the road will pull them out. Starting with toe in, they will pull out to zero. Start with zero, and they will pull out and eat your tires quickly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it doesn’t become toe out…

Most automobiles have a slight amount of toe in also. The reason is, the tires grabbing on the road will pull them out. Starting with toe in, they will pull out to zero. Start with zero, and they will pull out and eat your tires quickly.
that makes complete sense, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sometimes a little toe out is good. Depends on what type riding or racing you do. But you sacrifice straight line stability. And would wear out tires quickly on a street driven car.
IMG_2761.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 6 of 6 Posts