Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
So we were recently rained out of the alpine loop, which made me very sad, and I definitely have a much better idea now of what I need out of a windshield. Requirements:

1: Glass
2: Quickly removable
3: Support for wiper (whether motor or manual)

The only one I can find is Bent Metal, which I'm completely ok with, but I also wanted to ask here in case there's one I missed. Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have one that is bolted on with 4 clamps , one bolt in each , can remove it in about 2 minutes , also has a wiper(hand powered) used it a few weeks ago in utah , works great .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I get that. I personally never take mine off, so no big deal for me. I do wonder though if they stay tight. Yrs ago there were tons of them that used straps, or velcro, and dont see many that way anymore.
I remove mine frequently. I don't like using it but sometimes it's necessary depending on weather. I much prefer open air otherwise. The BentMetal shield looks pretty cool, and is quick to remove. I'm leaning towards that one. It uses velcro, which I don't love, but they have replacement straps.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i take my factory polaris glass windshield with automatic polaris wiper everywere i go
4 torques on the clamps and 4 0n roof and it comes off. unplug wiper wire and install tip out polaris poly when its hot or
dusty out also i added a hand wiper to the poly tipout windshield
the glass stays on all winter

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i take my factory polaris glass windshield with automatic polaris wiper everywere i go
4 torques on the clamps and 4 0n roof and it comes off. unplug wiper wire and install tip out polaris poly when its hot or
dusty out also i added a hand wiper to the poly tipout windshield
the glass stays on all winter
Thanks for the breakdown, you have a good system. I might end up with something similar, if I don't go with BM's shield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts