Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and used the search option and did not see what I was searching for. I am looking for advice on whether to get a base model or get an S model. I am aware of the 50" for places like Wayne National forest, and state parks. I am also aware that there are other places in Ohio that people take there RZR somewhere near Cincinnati, some where near Wheeling WV, and some where Northern Ohio.

What I need advice on is;
-is it worth buying the S model
-which is better for trail riding
-which has more options (aftermarket)
-is it worth raising a base model to get the S features

I am aware that I can buy better shocks for a base but they are just as expensive for them and will cost me more than if I was just to buy the S to begin with. I have gone on YouTube and seen the Hatfield and McCoy trails and have seen the S's in the videos, it also appears that the trails are wider. I am mostly going to ride mine with my daughter and wife so I am not going to be hitting the trails hard more like a Sunday ride through the woods. I will be taken it to upper Michigan and ride with the boys from time to time. I have also seen the GNCC racing series and seen that they have a 62" max rule. (any information on this racing series, anyone out there does this?). Any information would be greatly appreciated. I thank you all in advance for any help with this matter.

Anyone out there have insight on where to get the best deal on a RZR in Ohio as well?

·
Registered
695 Posts
decide based on where you will do the most riding. the S defenitely handles better and is more plush. My buddy has an S and i have a std 50". We have taken them to wayne and hatfield. Wayne doesn't allow over 50" so my buddy with the S struggled. The hatfield i have been to is wide so a non-issue with the S.

If the wider S won't be an issue 90% of the time than go with that. If the width is going to be a pain get an 800 standard.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
milzo

Thanks for the insight. I am not sure if i will take it to Wayne all that much. I am not sure. I see my self riding it around my neighborhood and a good possibility of riding with some of the guys from work. They do a lot of riding at the Hatfield McCoy trails and the one in KY. When you ride at Hatfield McCoy do you see or notice the difference in having one or the other (performance, comfort, ride-ability)?

I understand the benefits of the 50" and the fact that it can be ridden anywhere in the state but just wonder if I will wish that I bought the S model instead of the base after a while.

The more I read and weigh everything it is sounding like the 50" is the way to go. I just wished that they still made the Walker Evans in 2013.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am also in Central Ohio and I have a 50" RZR 570. From what you said about the "Sunday drive"type of riding you are going to be doing the suspension isnt going to be much of an issue. The narrower models will make it easier to get around. I ride mostly at Hatfield and the trails are generally alot wider but I have been on some blue and black trails where the added width would have made getting around much more difficult or impossible.

Just my 2 cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts