Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
18 wheelers and small forest service roads going up mountain not a good mix. following GPS gone bad. Two weeks ago. Fourche mountain. Arkansas. we had to climb the hill with our rzr's in front of the cab and go through the trees to get around the truck. driver said we were first people he had seen after getting stuck (3 hrs.) Behind where I was standing taking photo was a tight turn. no way he would have made it. you can see his tire tracks where slid back down. large drop off on left side where the trees are.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I got back to camp I called the forest ranger in Mena and reported it. two days later I called and asked if they got it out and he said they did but it was a pain to do it. he did not give me any details. I believe the young driver had to spend the night in the truck and wait for the next day for them to do something.

so, what was the outcome? tow truck?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've been a semi driver 20 yrs now and have taken way worse northern Arizona fire roads then this.Looking at that pic wtf was that driver thinking???That was NOT a tight turn.He was going to fast and slid on the gravel off the road.End of story.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Can't figure out what the heck he was back in there for anyway.
I deliver construction material pulling a 48' flatbed all over AZ and alot up north to cabins in the sticks.He could have had a car in that box trailer for all we know.

·
Arkyrider
950 Posts
I deliver construction material pulling a 48' flatbed all over AZ and alot up north to cabins in the sticks.He could have had a car in that box trailer for all we know.
I know the area, not much there but national forest land. There are a few roads that lead to things but not many. Most of the roads tat lead to houses or other things are a little wider then that one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ed, this was the area. It was county road 70. Not sure exactly what turn it was but it was in that area. From WPG area, we took 61 to 69, then picked up 70 all the way to Fourche. click on the second photo for larger photo and you can see the surrounding towns for reference.

I know the area, not much there but national forest land. There are a few roads that lead to things but not many. Most of the roads tat lead to houses or other things are a little wider then that one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, it was the turn behind me that he could not make. even if he had there was some more turns further up he would not have made.

no, just ran out of talent backing up.....look at the tire tracks, must have been that next chitty corner he couldn't make....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After looking at my photo I posted, I can see why some might wonder why trucker could not make it. I wish I had taken photo of road (corner) behind where I was standing.

I've been a semi driver 20 yrs now and have taken way worse northern Arizona fire roads then this.Looking at that pic wtf was that driver thinking???That was NOT a tight turn.He was going to fast and slid on the gravel off the road.End of story.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I do. I still don't think he would have made it all the way up however. Just my opinion, but been wrong before. I wonder how the length, wheel base, turning radius etc... on a logging truck and trailer would compare to a truck like in photo?

That's just poor driving.... You understand that most of those roads were built by/for log trucks, right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts