Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UPS man just dropped off my new 30" mongrels and method wheels from the guys at SXS performance....i'm on my way to get them mounted up and see how they look on the rzr4....Thanks SXS performance for the awesome service.....:ride::ride::ride::ride:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i've got them mounted and on. what a difference it makes..i've gained a minimum of 3" everywhere of ground clearance. i did a lot of before and after measurements to compare. if i new how to post pictures i would, i'll try and figure it out...Thank you again SXS performance...(bret)....your awesome...question...what pressure is recommended on the 30" size. i've got 14 pounds in them now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So them big tires fit?

What mods have you done any mods to your machine?

I ask because I was wanting to put 27.5" Pit Bulls on my XP and was told they will rub!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only mod is a SLP clutch. it's a stock 2010 rzr4 as far as suspension and stuff goes, different cage and top and some things like that but as far as drivetrain goes it's stock. they fit just fine, now i haven't had them out in the hills yet to see if i need to do some trimming but it looks good so far. at full turn i have about a inch and a half clearance to the fender well where everyone seems to do the trimming.

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there the 30"x10"x14" mongrel with method rims 4-3 offset all the way around. i absolutely love them.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
from all the research i've done you don't get much height advantage out of the 28", they say there pertty much like the bighorns. that's why i went 30" to give me some ground clearance without doing lifts and stuff. if mine was a 900 i definately would go 30". i posted some pictures of the difference in size between these and stock in the 900 4 section, there's a post about 30" tires. you can see the size difference there.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i just got back from a trip to the logandale trail system and the tires worked amazing......i do have some rubbing issues on the front fender wells so i'll be doing some sort of mod to help with that. i have racer tech dual rate springs on the way with the 2" lift so i'll see if i still need to cut fenders and stuff. seriously though if your on the fence about the tires and size don't be, they are great in all types of terrain, we went through sand, rocks, slick rock climbing, gravel roads and they are as good as the shootouts say they are...LOVE THEM......the 800 with the SLP clutch pulls them just fine, a little slow in the steep sand hills but other than that no issues...:ride:....one happy camper here....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was searching trying to find the post of the front mod, can't really find it anywhere. do you have any insight as to where i might look. i've searched in the projects and how to section.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts