Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about adding nitrous. Any advise as to the best unit. Or are there any ongoing problems with adding nitrous.

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Thinking about adding nitrous. Any advise as to the best unit. Or are there any ongoing problems with adding nitrous.
ZEX makes a RZR specific Nitrous kit... I bought the kit and 4 ten pound extra bottles... I haven't installed it yet as I've been waiting for parts to build my motor... I have looked the kit over and it's complete...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was reading up on the ZEX and that does seem like the one I'll go with. Think it would be safe on a stock motor. I have iti ecm,clutch and exhaust.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just got the Boss Noss kit $799 20hp shot easy to install. I'am insatlling on my 2009 RZR S all stock engine exhaust. I did have Boondock NOS kit from my snowmobile on it and that works good, but I would only use it 4-5 seconds at a time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the ZEX kit. I love it! In fact im in the middle of one-uping the ZEX kit. But, there are a few things I didnt like.

I ran it in moab in the n/a drags. It did a damn good job.
Plus the 10# bottle is nice! Had mine filled 6 months ago and havent even hit half tank yet.

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
I have the ZEX kit. I love it! In fact im in the middle of one-uping the ZEX kit. But, there are a few things I didnt like.

I ran it in moab in the n/a drags. It did a damn good job.
Plus the 10# bottle is nice! Had mine filled 6 months ago and havent even hit half tank yet.
What didn't you like???

·
Registered
113 Posts
FYI
Stay away from nitrous and after market ignition tunes!
Kinda, but most after market ecm tunes or CDI boxes advance your timing.
Thats a no no on the bottle.

Did not like the activation switch and how it is keyed off TPS. It was sloppy and only works half the time. If im sprayin, I stop, reprogram and then spray.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Swingarm. Does it effect rpm or just get's there faster?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reprogram. Can't do that. It's a non progrmable ecm. So you saying with after mkt. Advanced timing set up it won't work right?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds simple enough. Run the stock ecm if i'm gonna use the nitrous. If not run the after market. Thanks on the sway bar advise also. With the trails in pa. I was a little concerned with the tippy part.

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Sounds simple enough. Run the stock ecm if i'm gonna use the nitrous. If not run the after market. Thanks on the sway bar advise also. With the trails in pa. I was a little concerned with the tippy part.
As I stated I haven't installed the ZEX Kit yet... I have run nitrous in my cars and boats in the past and I never had problem... Nitrous requires the timing to be retarded... Advancing the timing is certain death of a motor...

·
Registered
113 Posts
You dont need to pin the crank with that zex kit on the smalest setting.
A 10 shot is all you can run with out pulling timing.
All of it is explained in the instructions.
Got questions? Ask, I can walk you through this kit, inside and out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.