Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the OMF's and the 27.5 pitbull growlers on. Took em for a ride on saturday. These tires are awesome. They have more traction in 2wd than the bighorns did in awd. Paired with the beadlocks I ran them at 5 psi and the grip was awesome and the ride was super smooth.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got them from a canadian website. 2koolperformance.ca They brought them in straight from pitbull i believe. They said I'm one of the first in Canada to have the 27.5's.

·
Registered
811 Posts
What width of tire you runing on the front and back?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What width of tire you runing on the front and back?
9's in the front on 12x6 4+2 wheels with a shim to clear the spindle
11's in the back on 12x8 5+3 wheels

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Got the OMF's and the 27.5 pitbull growlers on. Took em for a ride on saturday. These tires are awesome. They have more traction in 2wd than the bighorns did in awd. Paired with the beadlocks I ran them at 5 psi and the grip was awesome and the ride was super smooth.

Hey Jason,
Who's clutch kit are you using to spin them big dogs?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far no clutch kit. I just took them out for the first ride on saturday. I figured I would check it out before I did anything. There was quite a bit of a power loss so I do plan on doing some clutching. Unfortunately while I was out riding on Saturday I started getting the transmission popping out of gear while in low AWD. Luckily these tires have so much traction I just left it in 2wd for the rest of the trip. Then my day was ended by a mettalic rattling sound and a stalled motor. I think the main PTO bearing grenaded. It's at the dealership now so we'll see what they say. Any suggestions on a clutch kit for these heavy tires?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
So far no clutch kit. I just took them out for the first ride on saturday. I figured I would check it out before I did anything. There was quite a bit of a power loss so I do plan on doing some clutching. Unfortunately while I was out riding on Saturday I started getting the transmission popping out of gear while in low AWD. Luckily these tires have so much traction I just left it in 2wd for the rest of the trip. Then my day was ended by a mettalic rattling sound and a stalled motor. I think the main PTO bearing grenaded. It's at the dealership now so we'll see what they say. Any suggestions on a clutch kit for these heavy tires?
Sorry to hear about the mechanical issues:sad: hopefully your dealer will take care of you? As for the clutching, I'm looking for the same info. It seems to me that a lot of folks here really like the EPI or Dirty Dawg kits. I'm running 25" ITP Baja Cross tires now but would like to step up to the 27.5 PitBulls in the near future to get a bit more clearance:ride:

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying them. It really is hard to beat the Pit Bulls with the performance they provide. Coupled with the beadlocks, you can air them way down, as you know, and not worry about throwing a bead or losing traction. They really are amazing tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts