Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my tag today.. it will run you around $100 if you have your off road registration already. Another $22 if you need that.. plus late fees if applicable. Here’s a pic of the requirements listed on the affidavit you have to sign.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got my tag today after installing a WD Electronics kit. I didn't order the hazard switch, so I got in touch with ProUTV to get that part so my install is complete. Its a good kit and installs easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As in a regular sized car tag or like a smaller motorcycle tag? If they have their act together they will issue us already existing motorcycle tags then figure out what they want us to have and issue them next year.

I hope they make motorcycle tag sized and have it labeled "UTV" instead of "MC"

This has been 2 years coming, you would think that someone in OTC would have this figured out already. I hope it doesn't require a law suit to get them to start issuing tags. Its not rocket science.

It would be interesting to know how many UTV tag requests the tag agents are getting every day. Hopefully a bunch of the tag agents are questioning OTC everyday about the process.

The OTC has to understand the state will make millions off UTV tags. I think that will drive getting the tag issuing process in place pretty soon. I bet I talk to 10 people a day that are wanting their UTV tags.
I have a 900 ranger. Been registered for about 5 years. Grandfathered in. They have regular car tags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, I don't have a RZR, but a 1968 VW Sand Rail. I will have my tag by the end of tomorrow. It was a fight with OTC and even had to get a court order, but got it done. They require it to be over 65" wide, (my rear tires are 71") so it passed. I'll be on the road this weekend!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed the XTC kit on my Pro XP along with license plate light, Polaris side and rearview mirrors, low windshield and 32” DOT-marked, System3 XCR350 tires with system 3 bead-locks. Registered it at the tag office and got the plate. Called USAA just to make sure my insurance was good to cover it as a car.. as soon as I told them what I had done, they said they had to remove the RZR from my policy because “we don’t cover vehicles like that.” … “You should call an Oklahoma based agent”. So I called GEICO, they insured it - no problem. $400 for a year, full coverage, $500 deductible. Been driving all over the town of Claremore for the past three days. I’ve been passed by three Rogers county Sheriffs, met two Claremore PD units at intersections, and I passed a trooper on the highway… like I’m trying to get pulled over but none of them have shown any interest in what I’m driving so they’ve obviously gotten the memo lol. Such a blast cruising main-street!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Installed the XTC kit on my Pro XP along with license plate light, Polaris side and rearview mirrors, low windshield and 32” DOT-marked, System3 XCR350 tires with system 3 bead-locks. Registered it at the tag office and got the plate. Called USAA just to make sure my insurance was good to cover it as a car.. as soon as I told them what I had done, they said they had to remove the RZR from my policy because “we don’t cover vehicles like that.” … “You should call an Oklahoma based agent”. So I called GEICO, they insured it - no problem. $400 for a year, full coverage, $500 deductible. Been driving all over the town of Claremore for the past three days. I’ve been passed by three Rogers county Sheriffs, met two Claremore PD units at intersections, and I passed a trooper on the highway… like I’m trying to get pulled over but none of them have shown any interest in what I’m driving so they’ve obviously gotten the memo lol. Such a blast cruising main-street! View attachment 677766 View attachment 677767 View attachment 677768 View attachment 677769

Feels great cruising the street doesn't it!!!!! :D That's a sharp rig!!(y)

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
@Lwhagood my wife and I saw your machine a couple of Fridays ago in NeMar at the car show. We took her challenger up there and parked and checked the other cars out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Lwhagood my wife and I saw your machine a couple of Fridays ago in NeMar at the car show. We took her challenger up there and parked and checked the other cars out.
Awesome! Next time cone say hi! I love that we have an impromptu car show every Friday night here. Was it that black classic Challenger by chance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've read nothing anywhere about having to have DOT tires. Its nowhere on form 754, and nowhere in Title 47 section 12-201 through 12-232.

Where are you guys getting the DOT tire requirement from?
You may be right. I don’t see it anywhere relating to UTV’s. I’ve found a few references to it being a federal requirement for any non-farm motor vehicle, but in the 5 minutes I spent googling, I couldn’t find the actual reg. But it definitely does seem like the kind of thing a police officer could use as a reason to shut you down. Even if you could ultimately get the charge dropped later, it would still be a big hassle. For me, it was just the excuse I needed to upgrade to 32’s. My wife posted a pic of my old wheels and tires on Facebook marketplace, they sold in about 30 minutes for $440. I guess I should’ve asked for more.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've read nothing anywhere about having to have DOT tires. Its nowhere on form 754, and nowhere in Title 47 section 12-201 through 12-232.

Where are you guys getting the DOT tire requirement from?
I agree. I haven't and don't see it in the statue either. If LEO's follow the law there won't be any citations. If the courts followed the law any citation(s) would be dismissed.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of anyone getting stopped or cited for NHS (not highway safe) tires?

·
Registered
2021 Pro XP 4
17 Posts
If you read through all the statues mentioned, there is a section that states something to the effect of...can’t state off road or farm use only and no indication that they can not be used on the highway. It definitely does NOT state they shall be DOT Approved.... just no indication that they can not be used on highway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m sure you would be just fine. So far, in the dozens of times I’ve passed or been passed by a unit on the streets or met them at intersections, the only time one has given me a second look was a park ranger as I was pulling into a campground. He just smiled and asked “Is it tagged?”, when I said “Yes Sir” he just nodded and waved me through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone point to where I can read about where exactly we can ride? I've seen a couple guys post about riding on the highway. Wasn't for sure if that was legal or if state highways were ok like Hwy 51 or Hwy 48 and just not interstates and turnpikes. Any info would be appreciated it! Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No turnpikes, no US highways. Maps indicate how the road is listed. State highways OK.. Your good to go on Hwy 51 and Hwy 48. I ride on Hwy 33 all the time. Have meet state troopers many times. Zero issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just heard from a friend who is OHP that our tags are supposed to be on the front of our rigs instead of the back. I've heard nor read of this nowhere else. Said he would give me a copy of their printout on the regs. Has anybody else heard this. I've been riding mine with lighted tag on back with no troubles.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I’m running mine on the rear as well, have passed all kind of law enforcement with no issues.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts