Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
馃馃槑 I鈥檓 jealous!!! Of course, now that the time has come, my turbo s is on jack stands with the transmission out of it. Lol.
Is it the size of a motorcycle tag? What type of fees are they charging, if you don鈥檛 mind me asking?

Registered
Its just a motorcycle tag.

About $100 assuming you already have your brown registration sticker.

They did add in DOT tires. I bought a cheap set at wal mart.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Nice! Did they do an inspection? I have a set of 35鈥 Coyotes that I plan to run for street use.

Registered
Very excited about to be a first time UTV owner(rented them many times). Wife finally didn't give me a hard no...so I now have a RZR Pro XP on order. Trying to find a good concise list of what is needed for the Street Legal conversion in Oklahoma.

Anyone have a postable link or list?

I'm assuming:

DOT Certified tires
Turn Signals
Horn
Plate holder and light
Side and rear view mirrors

Do you need a windshield? Roof?(Assuming prob yes but would love not to use a windshield in the summer)

Anything I'm missing? Thanks!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Everything you mentioned is necessary except the roof and windshield. It鈥檚 my understanding that a windshield is optional. You can either run a windshield, or use some other form of eye protection. Helmet and goggles, sunglasses, safety glasses at night, etc. I think it鈥檚 mainly for the fear of one getting a bug in their eye and running off the road, or something similar.

Registered
You pretty much have it. We all bought street legal kits from ProUTV. Craig is a vendor on this site and a great guy to work with. Fairly easy install (we wrench a lot).

Note that two (2) license plate lights are required.

Form 754 (the affidavit) specifies DOT tires. The bill does not say DOT tires that I can see. I hear OHP is going to be checking for DOT tires. We have DOT pickup tires anyways so they will be safe and last.

I spent the day driving around town. I saw 2 city police cars. I waved and they waved back. Lots of people gawking. Drove home on the state highway at 65 mph. Pretty cool.

Can't wait to see more of you guys on the road.

Registered
Great thanks I'll need to get with Craig to order as well. Any recommendations for all around performance DOT tires. Was planning on getting 32" Tires and Beadlocks as soon as my Pro XP is in.

Registered
I bought these off the shelf at wal mart. Dextero $100 a piece. 31x10.50x15. They got me on the street for now.

You may want to double check if your going to run the beadlocks on the street. Im not sure they are DOT legal.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
1FB46871-982D-4FD7-92E0-711AEA4A128A.jpeg

Just left the tag agency. Got my Turbo S done and also got one for my father鈥檚 Northstar Ranger Crew. Pretty easy process. Can鈥檛 wait to get out on the street a little bit!!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
283794A9-E60C-4EA4-98F5-8FEF5C5DBCFE.jpeg
B3C133CC-27FF-4BD9-A971-33697F61324B.jpeg

880368B0-5212-4386-8F8B-889AB3AE2A9F.jpeg

Got my trans back in it this evening after work.
Had to swap wheels and tires and wire up the tag light and mount tag. Went for a short ride through town, and of course had to stop in at Sonic for drinks. It feels so wrong driving on the roads. I love it!!!

Registered
Congratulations Spike!!! I know what you mean about driving on road. We drove 2 towns over on the highway to meet a friend for breakfast this morning. Saw a state trooper and thought I'd get stopped but didn't. I bet they checked their mirror for my tag though.

The buddy we met for breakfast had called the local PD. I guess they weren't aware of the law change but were going to look it up. We didn't see any of their cars on the way in or out.

Every time I stop for gas someone runs up and asks how I get by with driving on the road. I just show them the tag.

Premium Member
My wife was telling me there were some peeps on RZR Nation who wanted to tag their RZR but have never registered it (got a tax sticker)? I'm curious how that's gonna work out them?

I bought the SATV turn signal/horn kit (awaiting installation). I still need to come up a lighted tag mount (recommendations?) And, I'm hung up on the DOT tires. Not that I'm opposed to risking a ticket, however, I don't really want to put a lot of blacktop miles on my rock crawlers. What is everyone else doing? Any recommendations on a cheap set of wheels/tires I can swap out for the street?

Reactions: HurricaneSpike

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I will say that after a little bit of running around on 35鈥 Coyotes and beadlocks that I鈥檓 strongly considering some non beadlock wheels with some heavier duty LT tires like BF Goodrich KO2s or something similar. The setup I have starts to get a little shaky above 50 mph and I seriously doubt I could have them balanced. I suppose it鈥檚 worth a shot.

I used some axia mounts for my tag that I had left over from a previous rzr. I also had some 12 volt 3 led strip lights so I wired one of those into the tail light circuit and zip tied it to the cage for now. I鈥檒l come up with something more permanent in the future.
01A94E73-B13C-409C-9F1F-D4CD7159057E.jpeg

Registered
My wife was telling me there were some peeps on RZR Nation who wanted to tag their RZR but have never registered it (got a tax sticker)? I'm curious how that's gonna work out them?

I bought the SATV turn signal/horn kit (awaiting installation). I still need to come up a lighted tag mount (recommendations?) And, I'm hung up on the DOT tires. Not that I'm opposed to risking a ticket, however, I don't really want to put a lot of blacktop miles on my rock crawlers. What is everyone else doing? Any recommendations on a cheap set of wheels/tires I can swap out for the street?
If they haven't registered their UTV (brown tax sticker) yet then they will have to do that when they get their tag plus pay any late penalties.

I am guessing you saw my post above referencing my street set. Wal Mart 31x10.50x15 Dexteros ($99ea)on 15x7 DOT S3 ST-3's ($657set). They balanced out perfectly and are glass smooth at 70 mph.

Premium Member
Wal Mart 31x10.50x15 Dexteros ($99ea)on 15x7 DOT S3 ST-3's ($657set). They balanced out perfectly and are glass smooth at 70 mph.
I really like those. I may copy you.

Reactions: Tinstar
41 - 60 of 66 Posts