Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Super curious about this, I talked to my Tag Agent yesterday and still not certain about the physical tag yet.
I read through the bill which is now law. Signed by the Governor yesterday, 04/28/21!! Has an emergency clause so its in effect immediately.

Basic requirements are lights, turn signals, horn, windshield or eye protection. No DOT tire requirement.

I already been to the tag office. They weren't aware. They sent an email to the Oklahoma Tax Commission, (OTC) asking about it. For those that don't know in Oklahoma the OTC issues plates. Hope to hear something back today, 04/29/21.

·
Registered
669 Posts
As in a regular sized car tag or like a smaller motorcycle tag? If they have their act together they will issue us already existing motorcycle tags then figure out what they want us to have and issue them next year.

I hope they make motorcycle tag sized and have it labeled "UTV" instead of "MC"

This has been 2 years coming, you would think that someone in OTC would have this figured out already. I hope it doesn't require a law suit to get them to start issuing tags. Its not rocket science.

It would be interesting to know how many UTV tag requests the tag agents are getting every day. Hopefully a bunch of the tag agents are questioning OTC everyday about the process.

The OTC has to understand the state will make millions off UTV tags. I think that will drive getting the tag issuing process in place pretty soon. I bet I talk to 10 people a day that are wanting their UTV tags.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw on another forum from the group that helped push it though, that they are thinking 30 days for plates and agents to be able to start registering us. I'm staying diligent, I'm super eager to get it tagged. It'll be fun to make a weekend Sonic/ice cream/adventure run. We backroaded it to Eischens from North Edmond one Saturday and it was a blast. Chicken shack and Butcher Stand are next.

·
Gearhead
25 Posts
I'm glad this passed for you guys. I moved from california to a free state (Wyoming) and thoroughly enjoy being able to legally drive my SXS's on the roads. Felt a bit weird the first time I drove the Ranger through downtown Cody. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read through the bill which is now law. Signed by the Governor yesterday, 04/28/21!! Has an emergency clause so its in effect immediately.

Basic requirements are lights, turn signals, horn, windshield or eye protection. No DOT tire requirement.

I already been to the tag office. They weren't aware. They sent an email to the Oklahoma Tax Commission, (OTC) asking about it. For those that don't know in Oklahoma the OTC issues plates. Hope to hear something back today, 04/29/21.
I talked to tag office today and their telling me it hasn't been finalized yet...

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I email the two closest tag agencies to me once a week, on Thursday. As of Thursday 5/20, neither agency had any info from the state or OTC on how to administer tags for us.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Nice!!! Let us know if you get anywhere with her!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Don't wear out the tag agencies. We have a close friend that works at a tag agency. They're waiting on the OTC for guidance. My wife called the OTC. After being on hold for 30 minutes and a snide comment about how unsafe it was to have SxSs on public roads, the lady from OTC basically said they were waiting on guidance from their leadership and once they received direction, they'd let the tag agencies know, it would be posted on OTC's website, and the news would aptly relay the message.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have email OTC they said it should be ready in July to start getting a tag.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well it’s July, can we get our tag yet?!?! Impatiently waiting here. Haha

·
craigstumph
13,153 Posts
Hey guys we have all of the major manufacturer's street legal kits. Forum Discounts apply to the following:

1. XTC
2. Corbin
3. SuperATV
4. Ryco

Just start a conversation with Craig for your deal.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts