Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a buddy tell me about a bill that passed in March for Oklahoma. It sounds like we will be able to get our UTVs tagged and street legal, starting November 1st. I did some digging and found the actual bill online. It’s Oklahoma HB 3415. I have the PDF saved, but I’m not sure how to post it here. Also, sorry if this has been discussed previously, I missed it if so.
Does anybody have any more info or knowledge about this?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Click the link next to “download” and it’ll bring up all 29 pages.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope it pans out for us! Definitely going to set up one of my machines to be street legal if so. I just hope they don’t require a ton of extra equipment to be installed on the machines. I can see DOT approved tires, turn signals, windshield wiper, and horn being necessary. I’m not willing to get too crazy with adding a bunch of other stuff above those items.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe you’ll luck out. What’s required here is it must be registered as a motor vehicle and display a proper license plate. It must be equipped with a mirror, horn, headlight, and brake lights.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you’ll luck out. What’s required here is it must be registered as a motor vehicle and display a proper license plate. It must be equipped with a mirror, horn, headlight, and brake lights.
I could definitely deal with those terms. Pretty straight forward and simple

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You’re right. I just looked a little closer at it. It passed the house vote with 85 in favor and 3 against. Says it’s been sent to senate now and the first reading is done. Not sure what all that means. 85-3 sounds pretty positive though. Lol

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Update:
4/6/2020 Bill was sent to the finance committee and then to appropriates committee.

dang this moves slow.🧑‍🦽

1 - 10 of 10 Posts