Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I think I am probably the 1st to screw this up but I used an oil vacumn to drain the oil out of my 2011 XP's oil tank and the hose got stuck on something. 1st time using one, drained great, I pushed a little extra to make sure I had all the oil, then it would not come out - shit!
I eventually pulled hard enough so that a little piece of the tip of the extractor line broke off. I tried running oil through the tank to get the little piece out but no luck. It must be stuck in there. So saving 5 minutes is going to cost me big time. Who knows if I bent something in the oil tank or what is stuck in there. Definite idiot move on my part.
I think I need to replace the tank just so I don't have to worry about that little plastic (or maybe some metal?) piece plugging something important in the oil tank. Any other ideas? I have not drained any of the other oil yet so lines should be full and I'm certainly not starting it.
Anyone have any tips on the process to remove the tank? How bad is this going to be (or should I take it to the dealer before I break something else)? It was not a good Sunday afternoon.
Thanks for any help or pointers on removing the tank.

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
It's not hard to remove the oil tank once the bed is removed ... I suggest getting a service manual so you can properly remove the bed... Tuff Skin has the PDF in his signature...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice,
I got it all off tonight and got the oil tank out. Went easier than I expected. Just waiting on a new tank and hoping I can get it all back together. I also ordered some qwik valve drain valves so I won't be using the vacumn pump again.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Use long neck funnel,set large catch pan on floor,Take out drain plug........oil removal from tank DONE:popcorn:.....MY BAD.......YOU were asking about oil TANK removal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts