Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
rzrjack
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my belt disentegrated and took out my oil seal, I took the clutch off and the
oil seal out. It looks like to me I have to pull the motor out and split the case to put new seal in.has anybody else had to replace the seal? man if you have to pull motor that has to be a pretty poor design

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
The belt breaking wouldnt cause that,,, but it is good that you found it.
There is a seal you can put in without splitting the case.
Do a search for the thread, but it might be hard to find.

·
rzrjack
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i will start looking. when the belt went it got on the back side of the clutch and wraped around the shaft it was a chore to get it out and oil started leaking as soon as i put new belt on yeah i was lucky because i would not have seen it but oil got on new belt and i couldnt go, other wise I probably would have ruined the engine.

·
rzrjack
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks man, I got the numbers for the seal. I was not looking forward to splitting that case, that will be way easier

·
Registered
663 Posts
my belt disentegrated and took out my oil seal, I took the clutch off and the
oil seal out. It looks like to me I have to pull the motor out and split the case to put new seal in.has anybody else had to replace the seal? man if you have to pull motor that has to be a pretty poor design
Been There Done That Polaris says yes you do, I said no way - Here's the thread your looking for sorry I have already deleted the pics - but the part numbers are still showing - PM me with if you have and questions

http://www.rzrforums.net/engine-drivetrain/26760-do-you-need-split-cases-replace-crank-seal-pto-side.html

·
rzrjack
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks you guys, got new seal and it is in, i'll wait until tomorrow to try it and change the oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts