Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reviewing all the posts about installing an oil pressure gauge, I purchased a gauge, electric sending unit, braided hose, and fittings. While installing, I found it was possible to install the sender directly to the block with only an elbow vs. remotely placing it and using the braided hose (See Pic). I thought one of the previous posts I saw had the sender installed like this. Based on others' experience, would this install be OK in the long run? It seems mounting directly to the block would offer less chance of failure because there is no hose involved. If the sender is mounted on the frame rather than the block, it also will not get the additional vibration isolation offered by the motor mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
'18 XPT
2,295 Posts
I don't own an 800, but I would not be worried about that installation. I did think the sender needed good ground, and with that much sealant I'm surprised, but that sensor might not need frame/engine ground.

Reactions: aswetich

·
Registered
234 Posts
I use the braided line on mine but i also run a K&N filter and its got that 1in nut on the end that makes it easy to take off or put on.Id say as long as its not making contact with anything and not in your way that itll be fine.Even if the sending unit requires a ground theres enough material in the braided steel line to provide a good ground atleast has been on mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts