Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much research, I have determined that Polaris oil pressure adapter Pu-50565 is made out of unobtainium. I am not sure how many Polaris engines this may have been used for. The plug for the port on my (or most all) 900XP is 12mm-1.5. Am wondering if anyone has used an Autometer 2277 adapter or a Mamba K027-0172 adapter. Might be used to add an oil pressure gauge or warning light as well as testing oil pressure. Not sure if the gasket will seal to the block. A warning light can be installed for about half the price of a reflex kit.

I have also noticed that there is very little interest in adding an O/P gauge or light on RZRs. Even when there is no factory oil warning system at all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you just wanting to add an OP gauge? I had an Alba Racing OP gauge on my xp 900...

Not sure about any other setup tho

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
How was the gauge connected to the engine?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad Alba or Reflex do not show a picture of the adapter or sender. That is the question. Will the adapters I listed work in place of the Pu-50565?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,722 Posts
I'm not sure which specifically they use, but the use an adapter with their sender, so i'm sure it something similar. You mention a gasket above... but there is no gasket, just thread sealant on the fittings is all you use.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gasket/seal on the adapters mentioned are similar to those used on the engine, trans, and diff plugs. Not sure if the case has a flat surface for the washer to seal against. Or if sealant can be used. I suppose if someone needed an adapter to test oil pressure, they're out of luck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know. They will likely work fine in testing. Again, based on the obvious lack of need for oil pressure devices on RZR engines, I will back burner the idea.

·
Registered
65 Posts
True! but also as a shop or personal I rather get the tested and qualified solution rather than buying parts, do the wiring, soldering etc. Bought couple of the oil check system from Reflex, nice product and working well. My customers are happy. Never tested the Alba ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts