Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much oil should coming from the oil breather? What causes the breather to blow oil back into the airbox? I pulled my cover on my airbox and I have small pooling of oil and smell of gas in the bottom where the cover attaches (I have a stock airbox) and it appears that it is starting to work on the rubber o-ring I am seeing cracking in the rubber o-ring. I am wondering oil blow leaking back into the airbox is related to why I am still going through so much oil? almost 2 qts. in 100 miles?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 800 miles and I have had dust inside the air box since the first ride, No mind you, I live in northeast I don't ride the dunes just some trail riding with the wife, and I don't ride with my pants on fire either,I have had my guard up and it's a big concern to me, even more so with all the posts that I read about intake problems from other RZR owners, although I am running with stock filter and have not seen any anything in the throttle body?? doesn't mean something has gotten by I have been checking the oil every time before I set out for a ride making sure it's full and I would say for the most part I have had to add every time I check it. I had it back last month to the dealer once where I told them on how much oil I was consuming They thought maybe it was not broken in yet and I may have a ring not seated I asked them to perform a leak down test and they said they did ant the checked out ok?? and now it's back at the dealer again because this past weekend I rode close to 100 miles on a fairly easy ride and I burn through almost two quarts of oil. My buddy who was riding with me this past weekend on 2010 RZR also, I had him check his oil and he did not go through any oil?? we rode the same trails, same milage so whats that tell you I have a big problem!! My warranty will be up in December so I want it fixed.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am waiting to see what they say?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts