Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
I use a Pure One (Purlator) 14610 on my Polaris Rzr 1K. It must be working because it has over 21K miles.
Purolator are good filters.
When my Pro R is due, I think I will confirm which filter.
Thanks!

· Premium Member
3,506 Posts
I was considering to switch from Polaris filters to WIX XP filter but it doesn’t give how many microns filters down to. The Polaris filter to 10 microns and the regular wix 21 microns.
Over 22,000 miles on Rzr, switch from Polaris 10 W 50 extreme engine oil to Redline Powersports 10 W 50 engine oil for the added zinc content.

PS. No engine troubles only thing replaced engine timing chain tensioner and spark plugs .No transmission or front differential troubles ,knock on wood.
Automotive lighting Hood Netbook Rectangle Font

· Registered
406 Posts
Without the efficiency percentage, the micron rating is misleading and therefore meaningless.

Nominal Micron Rating expresses the ability of the filter to capture particles of a specified size in microns at an efficiency of 50%. A nominal rating of 50% at 10 microns simply means that a filter captures 50% of contaminants 10 microns in size. The statement of this efficiency is important to understanding the performance capability of the filter.

· Premium Member
3,506 Posts
Without the efficiency percentage, the micron rating is misleading and therefore meaningless.

Nominal Micron Rating expresses the ability of the filter to capture particles of a specified size in microns at an efficiency of 50%. A nominal rating of 50% at 10 microns simply means that a filter captures 50% of contaminants 10 microns in size. The statement of this efficiency is important to understanding the performance capability of the filter.
Can you explain the microns here and. Efficiency.
Camera Digital camera Camera lens Camera accessory Point-and-shoot camera

· Registered
406 Posts
That filter captures 50% of contaminates 21 microns in size.

a human red blood cell is 5 microns
an average human hair has a diameter of 100 microns
most humans cannot see anything smaller than 40 microns with the unaided eye.

· Premium Member
3,506 Posts
Found this on the web.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts