Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seem like you could use this as a good defense if you got stopped. The Utah State Park website states it is legal.

I now have a Utah plate and a Utah address as I own property in Utah. My DL is from California not sure what my status is :(.

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
You should call, email, write, or visit the Utah State parks office to ask that.
Funny thing is, that picture is not accurate. You aren't street legal in Utah just because you have a plate. You still have to meet Utah equipment requirements.
This is the problem---Utah puts out so much conflicting info, no one knows for sure.

·
Registered
382 Posts
This whole thing is a mess. If you get stopped driving a UTV that is registered street legal in any other state than the one on your driver’s license, Utah is currently threatening fines and impound.

Not very friendly, and just one more reason to ride elsewhere. Are you listening, Utah?

A question for the Chief:

When you refer to “the state,” to whom, specifically, do you refer? A judge? A senator? A representative from parks & rec? Attorney General? I want to know who specifically is interpreting the law in a way other than it was written.

Thanks for your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
They have to have deeper pocket than me. The threat of fine and impoundment is enough to keep me from putting this to the test.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,037 Posts
Thank You Chief Edge, @MoabPD for your time and responses. I understand there was some misinformation given to you by the OHV Coordinator. We do not fault you in the matter and greatly appreciate your presence on the forum as we know it takes time from your busy schedule. I have received an e-mail response from the parks dept with correct clarification. That e-mail exchange can be found here: Clarification Here: UTAH STREET LEGAL CLARIFICATION

Hopefully us hooligans don't see you in Moab, unless it's just to say hi and thank you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
All,

I would like to apologize for providing information related to street-legal registration that, unfortunately, wasn't accurate. I have since confirmed with the Utah OHV Coordinator that OHV's registered as street-legal in any state with whom Utah shares reciprocity will be street-legal in Utah, even if the OHV owner lives in a different state from the one in which the OHV is registered. All OHV's operated on public roads in Utah must meet our insurance and equipment requirements.

Also, I no longer have time to participate in the forum. I have enjoyed the interactions I've had with you all over the years and hope that the information we've provided (until recently) has been helpful to you. OHV related questions may be directed to the PD by calling 435-259-8938.

Thank you.

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Thank you for clearing this up.
Hope to see you at ROTR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Non-Resident OHV Permits

NOTICE: Beginning January 1, 2020, Utah will no longer have reciprocity with any of the other 49 states.... Was this addressed already? It seems like the reciprocity thing is still being discussed. Sorry if I missed it.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,037 Posts
Non-Resident OHV Permits

NOTICE: Beginning January 1, 2020, Utah will no longer have reciprocity with any of the other 49 states.... Was this addressed already? It seems like the reciprocity thing is still being discussed. Sorry if I missed it.
Separate reciprocity conversations.

If you do not intend to be street legal in Utah, you have to buy the OHV permit to operate on the trails.

If you are considered street legal in Utah, you do not need the OHV permit at all.

The OHV permit wasn't really the topic of debate, the street legal part was.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Separate reciprocity conversations.

If you do not intend to be street legal in Utah, you have to buy the OHV permit to operate on the trails.

If you are considered street legal in Utah, you do not need the OHV permit at all.

The OHV permit wasn't really the topic of debate, the street legal part was.
Thanks for the clarification. I am street legal in Arizona and was planning to go to Canyon Lands area in Utah this year, trying to get this all straight.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts