Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Done plenty of ball joints,universals,hub assemblies,wheel bearings in my day,damn that makes me sound like an old fart! Shit I'll be 60 next year!!! I am old!!!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lol. 60 is still a while off! The same age bracket as our riding crew... one in my group (Griff) is 59 and takes his dual sport on our trips...the guy is a machine! Our H&M trip in Sept has Griff and Jay, both late 50’s on their dirt bikes...they are in great shape! i Like my quad but my legs and hip make the SxS a lot easier for multi-day trips. All about the fun...

·
Registered
275 Posts
started working on the a arm swap this morning.To get to my top arm front bolt I will have to remove the fascia.I did not disassemble the front axle,calipers or any of that just moved that stuff out of the way.I will post up some pics as I go.Also picked up the HF ball joint kit just in case I cant press them out with my vise.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I took off the access panel on the front facia to the Winch and then the to took bolts on each side of that and I was able to get the facia out far enough to get the top bolt

·
Registered
275 Posts
well this swap turned into a shitstorm ,tore one of the ball joint boots ran 2 hours for new ball joint,installed that ,boot popped off and cant get it back on.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Jeff- curious how you are killing the boots. What is your method for pressing out and then back on?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That aluminum color looks really nice! Sounds like it fought you some! The rears are easier when you get to them...

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Did you get a chance to drive it? It was after I did the fronts I noticed my wheel wasn’t straight...I popped it off and re-centered it. It may have been off-center before hand but...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Drove it around the neighborhood this morning my wheel is straight.Thinkin about ordering the rears and just running the stock axles for now.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I asked SATV and the response I got was the arms are heavy duty so you need heavy duty axles.I wasn't gonna run like that permantly but the boss isn't gonna go for me spending another $800.I could sneak it by her in smaller increments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I asked SATV and the response I got was the arms are heavy duty so you need heavy duty axles.I wasn't gonna run like that permantly but the boss isn't gonna go for me spending another $800.I could sneak it by her in smaller increments
Your sneaky like me with the wife, gotta do it 1 piece at a time :p

Reactions: jeffawats and diver
21 - 40 of 59 Posts