Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am on a little bit of a mission to calm the ride of my 1KS. I enjoy the “flickability” and the agility in tight trails but felt the stock suspension setup was lacking, as other inmates here have noted. I did the ST spring kit and am in the process of getting that setup where it needs to be but my question is about forward and rear A-arms. My question is for those out there who have installed the forward and rearward offset (1.5”) a-arms...is this worthwhile? SATV or others. Is the 3” increase in wheelbase a noticeable improvement? I’m doing the 1.5” fronts already as my stockers have taken a beating. I’m curious as the impact these ft/rr offset arms have on the ride. Probably mostly subjective but let’s hear it! I riding my S on XP takeoff’s 29” BH.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ive got super atv arms and ive noticed a difference well worth the money u also put new tenders and front tenders on

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kody, the 1000s does not come stock tenders but the SATV kit did introduce those as well as crossover rings to make it a true dual rate setup...all very good and a huge improvement. My question is more about the benefits of the extended wheelbase associated with the offset a-arms. Keep well and ride safe! Mr Pickles.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Mr. Pickles:

I just replaced my A-arms w/S-ATV and had this very discussion with them. I was told they perceived no handling benefit, the offset (increase) was purely to allow more space for larger tires.

I can tell you many years ago I moved to 2+2" on a banshee. That was a relatively significant increase (given it's OEM wheelbase), and did so because I wanted to push the center of gravity back relative to the wheelbase, widen the track, and be able to adjust the camber and castor of the machine. All were successful. Here I did not expect a handling improvement directly attributable to the additional wheelbase, and so was not surprised in S-ATV's thoughts. It's just too insignificant relative to the present wheelbase. Unless you need tire clearance.

Of course 3" will mildly slow down it's turning, but that's not helping anything.

As I understand it the walkers run one valve stack until they reach the needle and go into a bypass stage. You may consider a re-valve that softens the initial stroke and stiffens the bypass. Much as the tender spring set-up would have done.

Of course one can always tune the crossover point, and I suppose you could consider Walker Links on the rear sway bar.

IMHO of course, and YMMV.

Luck to you,
d

·
Registered
275 Posts
any more input on the offset arms from anybody running them,specifically on the S1K.I am really wanting to start improving my suspension>The 30" tires really show me how weak the stock stuff is also she gets real squirrly in the rear under heavy acceleration or fast manuvers

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just did front and rears. Didn’t really notice any big difference I ride a mixed bag of stuff. Mainly wanted the high arch for clearance. Remember you need to go with rhino axles in rear

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great upgrade for sure. I was really impressed with the build quality...huge improvement over stock. Much thicker and heavier, bushings, etc. I’d swear the car runs more solid but I’m a weirdo when it comes to stuff like that!

·
Registered
275 Posts
My front arms just showed up but my buddies shop is closed for the weekend and I dont have a press or a socket big enough to use my vice and the grandkids are coming over.......Think I'm headed for a meltdown!!!!.I was gonna have them powdercoated blue but the white aluminum matches close enough to the silver on the body so I think I will leave them as is

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Jeff, too bad you are 2.5 hours north of me...I would have been happy set you up. Did you look at the measurements and pics I PM’ed you? You will be all set with the camber, no fuss. Take good care with those c-clips too, sometimes it is easier if you “seat” the ball joint (think install) a little before taking the clips off, gives them a smidgeon more space to come out of their grooves. If you break or bend one, let me know, I’ll drop One on the mail, you would likely get it in a day...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts