Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The official RZR Forum Ride will be held at Windrock Park, TN on September 8-11th. This ride will be open to all SXSs regardless of make. The event will feature guided rides on Friday & Saturday. We will raffle off various items donated by vendors. There is no cost for the event or raffle but you will need to register. We will get a registration page up shortly. This will be a family friendly event so bring the whole crew!

If you have never been to Windrock Park it's a bucket list place with every type of riding from mild to wild. With 73k acres and over 300 miles of trials there is truly something for every type of rider. Windrock Park has lodging onsite with many cabins and a nice campground. For more information see: WINDROCK PARK - The South's Premier Off-Road Adventure Park

There are numerous campgrounds, Air BNBs, and hotels nearby.

Windrock Gap: Windrock Gap Campground - Home

Halfmoon Campground: Halfmoon Campground

Rock Hollow Campground: Rock Hollow Campground

Hamptin Inn - Oak Ridge

Double Tree by Hilton - Oak Ridge

Comfort Inn - Oak Ridge

For Air BNBs and cabins a great source is "Windrock Riders" on Facebook.

Lodging Updated 4/12/22

1. Windrock Park Campground Cabins, RV Sites, Tent Camping, Yurts
865-435-1251
555 Windrock Park Lane
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
www.windrockpark.com
This is a Windrock Park owned campground. Direct access to the Main Trailhead andGeneral Store via Windrock Rd or Campground Connector Trail. No Trailering Required. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System or Connector Trail

2. Windrock Gap Campground Cabins, RV Sites, Tent Camping
865-435-6009
300 Hoskins Gap Rd
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
www.windrockgapcampground.com
Located on Hoskin Gap Rd which runs into Windrock Rd. Direct access to the Main
Trailhead and General Store via Gravel/Paved Rd. Closest to Windrock Hollow Event AreaAnd Trail 2. No Trailering Required. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System

3. Half Moon Campground Cabins, RV Sites, Tent Camping
865-256-4753
423 Halfmoon Rd
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
Not located at Main Trailhead. Has trail access to park via Trail 28, 29 or 30.
No Trailering Required. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System

4. Windrock Bed and Breakfast Bed and Breakfast
865-776-5683
450 Halfmoon Rd
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
Not located at Main Trailhead. Has trail access to park via Trail 28, 29 or 30
No Trailering Required. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail system.

5. Windrock Lodge Cabin
865-244-7045
315 Windrock Rd
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
The Main Lodge is located on Windrock Rd about 2 miles from Main Trailhead. Trailhead
Access via paved Windrock Rd. No Trailering Required. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System. They offer offsite cabins that do Require trailering to Trailhead.

6. Ligias Fork Cabin Rental Cabins, RV Sites
865-740-9081 (text Jimmy)
5901 New River Hwy
Briceville, Tn 37710
Located on Hwy 116. Can take Hwy 116 to G1 for Main Trailhead/General Store access.
Has Access to Northside Windrock Trails and TWRA Trails. No Trailering Required but a short highway ride to access Trails. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Windrock Trail System. Separate TWRA Permit required for those trails.
7. Grandpaps Hideaway Cabins
865-406-7906
5890 New River Hwy
Briceville, Tn 37710
Located on Hwy 116. Can take Hwy 116 to G1 for Main Trailhead/General Store access. Has Access to Northside Windrock Trails and TWRA Trails. No Trailering Required but a short highway ride to access Trails. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Windrock Trail System. Separate TWRA Permit required for those trails.

8. Rosedale Mountain Retreat Apartment Rooms
865-740-9081 (Text)
7001 New River Hwy
Briceville, Tn 37710
Rooms remodeled into Sleeping Quarters.
Located on Hwy 116. Can take Hwy 116 to G1 for Main Trailhead/General Store access. Has Access to Northside Windrock Trails and TWRA Trails. No Trailering Required but a short highway ride to access Trails. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Windrock Trail System. Separate TWRA Permit required for those trails.

9. Rock Hollow Campground Cabins, RV Sites
865-566-1570
1545 Cove Lane
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
Located on the quiet side of Windrock Mountain. No Trailering Required but a short paved road ride to G23. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System.

10. Indian Creek Camper & RV Sites RV Sites, Campers and Barn Apartments
865-435-0962
1387 Cove Lane
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
No Trailering Required but a short paved road ride to G23. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System.
11. Hillbilly Hilton Apartment
660-651-5046 (Jeff Raymer)
1239 Cove Lane No Website Listed
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
Sleeps 7. It has a queen bed in bedroom and (2) queen and (1) twin in loft. It has covered picnic table firepit with wood furnished, wifi, satellite TV. No Trailering Required but a short paved road ride to G23. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System.

12. Double K Rentals and Welding Service Vacation Home Rental
865-320-4344
1223 Cove Lane
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
No Trailering Required but a short paved road ride to G23. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System.

13. Bald Knob Cottage and Creekside Campsites
815-592-5530
862 Bald Knob Road
Petros, Tn 37845
For Booking Home Vacation Cabins Tennessee
Direct Trail Access. No Trailering. Windrock Permit required before getting
on the Trail System.

14. Windrock Ridge Cabin Cabin
865-730-0011
148 Hoskins Gap Road
Oliver Springs, Tn 37840
For Booking
Email
[email protected]
Windrock Ridge Cabin Sleeps 6, minutes from Trailhead and General Store. Direct Trail Access. No Trailering. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System.

15. Avoid the crowds!!! Ride from the location. Airbnb
865-806-0951 (Bob)
865-806-8988 (Lisa)
674 Cane Creek Rd
Rocky Top, Tn 37769
Access to Walden Ridge, Beech Park, Vowell Mtn, Briceville Mtn, Caryville Flats, etc.

16. Corbin Hill Lodge VRBO
865-337-8799
Newly renovated lodge with cozy amenities... perfect for a mountain-country get away
17. Indian Bluff Rentals Cabin
865-804-1065
302 Braden Flat Lane (Trail G66)
Briceville, Tn 37710
Email:[email protected]

18. Hart’s On Main Airbnb
706-280-3120
419 Main Street
Petros, TN 37845
Hart’s On Main has plenty of parking and no trailering is required to access trails. King, Queen, Full, Twin and large sectional awaits your stay. Property is located 0.5 miles from Brushy Mountain Prison, 0.8 miles from trail 26 & 27, and 1.5 miles from trail 43. Direct Trail Access. No Trailering. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System.

19. Main Street Farm House Cabins, RV Sites, Tent Camping
423-539-3577 Airbnb
423-223-5704
306 Main Street
Petros, Tn 37845
Located in Petros, Sleeps 15. Newly remodeled home offers fully equipped kitchen and laundry room, fire pit, gas grill. Ample parking for trailers, No trailering required. Less than 1/2 mile to Trails 26 and 27 of Windrock Park. ATVs can drive on the road to trails. Located at the foot of Windrock, situated close to Brimstone, ½ mile from Brushy Mtn. State Penn. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System.

20. Gunter’s Getaway – Windrock House
865-742-0412
9414 Petros Hwy
Oliver Springs Tn 37840
Gunter’s Getaway-Windrock is the perfect getaway in the heart of Petros close proximity to the Historic Brushy Mtn Prison & Distillery close to Windrock trails Direct Trail Access. No Trailering. Windrock Permit required before getting on the Trail System.

21. Heart and Soul on Windrock Cabin
865-282-8546
118 Windrock Rd
Oliver Springs, TN 37840
Two (2) Newly built home in a great location on Windrock Road with lots of parking. Info is on airbnb link or call
Barn and Bling on Windrock Cabin
865-282-8546
120 Windrock Rd.
Oliver Springs, TN 37840

22. Windrock Home in Oliver Springs by Weston AirBnB, House
865-335-7861
6218 Knoxville Highway
Oliver springs TN 37840
It’s located on highway 62 and it’s about a 10 minute drive from the Windrock General Store. It is a
3 bedroom 1 bath. Two queens and two twins. Has plenty of room for parking but does not have direct trail access.

23. Coal Creek Campground Campground
865-360-4873
121 Norris Freeway
Rocky Top, Tn 37769

24. Close to Norris Lake and Windrock Trails AirBnB
Beautiful Country Cottage sitting on over 16 acres. Bring your side by side, boat, hiking gear, horses, and all of your other toys! Come enjoy Wind Rock Trails, Norris lake, Clinch River, Downtown Knoxville, the Museum of Appalachia &Great Smokey Mountains. Come enjoy all the fun things to do or relax at the house with a country front porch complete with rocking chairs. There is also patio furniture, gas grill, and fire pit Lots of parking. Little Ponderosa Zoo is across the street.

25. ProService Motorsports Apartment Apartment
865-435-0333
Pro Service Properties has a 4 bed 1 and 1/2 bath Big room living room with Wi-Fi. Just call the shop for booking 865-435-0333

26. Southern Style House
219-218-6616
522 Perry Smith Lane
Caryville, Tn
www.southernstylenl.com
Located just 3 miles off I-75 in Caryville, our Norris Lake lakefront house is 4 bed/3 bath and sleeps 15. Fully equipped house with an awesome outdoor kitchen overlooking the lake, fire pit, lots of parking, 2 slip covered dock with 2 jet ski ports.

27. House on ATV trail near Norris Dam in Rocky Top TN House
www.airbnb.com/rooms/49615098
Bring your ATVs, boats, and off road toys we have excellent parking for trailers on this 1.5 acres on the Windrock Park ATV route, which has 73,000 acres of land with over 300 miles of trails. Ride to the local trail heads, restaurants, and gas stations from the house. Relax on the country front porch with swing and rocking chairs. Or on the private back yard patio with outdoor fireplace, grill, and fire pit. We are within 10 minutes to Norris dam boat launch.

Hotels Nearby (Oak Ridge)
Double Tree Hotel
865-481-2468
215 S. Illinois Ave
Oak Ridge, Tn 37830
Located in Oakridge about 15-20 minutes from Windrock Park. Trailering required. Hotel Parking lot does have room for trailer rigs. May offer Windrock Diiscount. Close to many Fast food and Chain restaurants. Shopping and Walmart nearby.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel
865-298-1990
14 Tulsa Rd.
Oak Ridge, Tn 37830
Located in Oakridge about 15-20 minutes from Windrock Park. Trailering required. Hotel Parking lot does have room for trailer rigs. May offer Windrock Diiscount. Close to many Fast food and Chain restaurants. Shopping and Walmart nearby.

Comfort Inn Hotel
865-481-8200
433 S. Rutgers Ave
Oak Ridge, Tn 37830
Located in Oakridge about 15-20 minutes from Windrock Park. Trailering required. Hotel Parking lot does have room for trailer rigs. May offer Windrock Diiscount. Close to manyFast food and Chain restaurants. Shopping and Walmart nearby

I will post more info as it becomes available...stay tuned.....

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Halfmoon campground is a nice place

Only a few minute ride from the trail head or general store.
Last time i went, that is where i stayed. However.. Pretty much zero phone service for verizon.
And keep in mind, they are cash only. I will probably be booking with them again.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
To officially register for the ride:
Send an email to [email protected]

Please include the following:
RzrForum screen name
Actual first and last name
Days you wish to join group rides
Ride level desired: easier trails, moderate trails or difficult trails

See you on the trail !!!

Edit 4/8/22:
If you will have additional machines with you, please include the additional driver names in the email as well.
It is ok if they (wife, brother, son, friend, etc) do not have a Rzr Forum screen name. They will be listed under yours.
This will give us an accurate machine count for planning the rides.

If you need to add another machine after you have already registered:
Send me another email.
Tell me that you are already registered.
Tell me your screen name and the names of the additional drivers.

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
2017 1000s
222 Posts
Is there a campground where everyone or most are staying? I will need help and will give help on repairs, I'm bring a MIG welder, torches and all the appropriate tools, and parts, at least for my mo-sheen. I'll probably be alone my GF is afraid to ride with me on those trails. She likes to sight see and sip on a drink, I like to seek and destroy! See ya soon, I'm pumped!!! Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Is there a campground where everyone or most are staying? I will need help and will give help on repairs, I'm bring a MIG welder, torches and all the appropriate tools, and parts, at least for my mo-sheen. I'll probably be alone my GF is afraid to ride with me on those trails. She likes to sight see and sip on a drink, I like to seek and destroy! See ya soon, I'm pumped!!! Can't wait!!!
Bring her anyways

She can ride with me lol seriously though, if she's interested, theres plenty of easy and scenery related trails we can get her on.
Ive tamed down a bunch, got tired of breaking parts all the time.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Is there a campground where everyone or most are staying?
See the first post of this thread for multiple campground suggestions.
I think members will be in multiple near by sites do to availability.
Currently there is still some availability in Windrock Park but not a lot.
It is the first underlined link in Rzr_Joe's post.

·
Registered
2017 1000s
222 Posts
Bring her anyways

She can ride with me lol seriously though, if she's interested, theres plenty of easy and scenery related trails we can get her on.
Ive tamed down a bunch, got tired of breaking parts all the time.

She is going to Put-In-Bay with her three daughters that weekend, and btw that is her birthday weekend. I really tried to talk her into going. I also tried to get her to go to Rush, KY in two weeks, but... nope not going.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Reservations set, I should be there Wed sometime until Sun morning and stayng at HalfMoon campground.

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but maybe we can plan a good cookout one night as a meet-and-greet type get together. Doesn't have to be anything super complicated. Maybe just like everyone meet at "X" location, bring what you want to cook/eat/drink, and hang out by a firepit.

·
Super Moderator
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reservations set, I should be there Wed sometime until Sun morning and stayng at HalfMoon campground.

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but maybe we can plan a good cookout one night as a meet-and-greet type get together. Doesn't have to be anything super complicated. Maybe just like everyone meet at "X" location, bring what you want to cook/eat/drink, and hang out by a firepit.
I'll check to see if one of the group shelters is available

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
We'll be staying in the RV overflow right in Windrock. You have to call in to reserve for that area.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm at the Half Moon campground. I'll be there on Wednesday for the fun stuff that is possible on 30 inch tires. I doubt I could follow someone on 35/37 inch tires or RZR_Joe.
:cool:
Our buddy that rides with us is only on 31’s. He follows us on most trials. We’ll help ya through if you wanna come hit it!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts