Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Off Road Recreation and Access to Public Lands Needs Your Vote

2K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  The Lyin King 
#1 ·
Please take a few minutes and do some voting on the great outdoors iniative! At the very least vote for just a couple of the ideas listed in this update and maybe some of Chris Horgans ideas. It is really easy and only takes a few minutes.
Thanks

BLUERIBBON COALITION PARTNER ALERT!
Off Road Recreation and Access to Public Lands Needs Your Vote
Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,
Chris Horgan over at Stewards of the Sequoia sent this alert about the America's Great Outdoors Initiative (AGO Initiative), and I thought I'd pass it along to our members.
I have pasted the alert below. Please take a couple of minutes to read it over!
Click Here for our latest update on the AGO Initiative.
Thanks,
Ric Foster
Public Lands Department Manager
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 107

Off Road Recreation and Access to Public Lands Losing the High Ground
Dear Ric,
We told you in our last Save The Trails alert that Voting Works and it does. Many of you took two minutes to vote for Ideas in the America Great Outdoors Initiative. Your votes catapulted Ideas like "Enhancing OHV Opportunities on Public Lands", "More Than Enough Wilderness" and "Preserving OHV Recreation Use For Families" to take the top spots, as you can see in the table below left.
However that was back on 7/25/2010. Since that time apparently the anti access folks have been scrambling to negate all of your votes by asking their members to DEMOTE all the Ideas you thought were good and PROMOTE ideas about land closure, as you can see in the 9/2010 table below right.
Take a few minutes to VOTE NOW to turn the tables, take back our public lands to keep them open for our children.

WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
A Report will be given to the President next month showing the Top Rated Ideas, so we have a month to Take Back the High Ground and be sure the Ideas we like are on top. We can easily do this, after all we are the majority. So now it is time to show them they awakened the sleeping giant. Please go to the site and see for yourself and PLEASE VOTE FOR (PROMOTE) any IDEAS you think are GOOD and (DEMOTE) any IDEAS you think are BAD

Here is the list we provided of IDEAS to PROMOTE and DEMOTE
http://www.savethetrails.us/AGO-Vote.html

TOP INNOVATOR
While yours truly, Chris Horgan, continues to be the Top Innovator that will mean nothing if the Ideas I have posted about keeping public lands open and promoting forest health through much needed active management remain at the bottom of the list. Those are the kind of IDEAS you, your family and friends need to VOTE for with a vengeance.
You can click on my Name under Top Innovator once you get onto their site and see a list of all the Ideas I have posted and easily vote for them.

Your votes are going to make a statement to the President to keep public lands open to all
We need to keep the pressure on. VOTE NOW. Please ask your friends and family to vote.
It only takes a minute to register and VOTE. They require only your name, password and city.
If you have already Voted then Please VOTE for any new IDEAS you like.
Thomas Jefferson once said, "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for a people of good conscience to remain silent". Many of us have remained silent, but that is changing.....

Thanks for speaking up
Chris Horgan and your friends at Save the Trails

WE NEED TO KEEP THE PRESSURE ON
IF YOU HAVE NOT VOTED PLEASE DO SO NOW

Click on the link and VOTE for IDEAS about keeping
Your Public Lands Open for you and your children
http://www.savethetrails.us/AGO-Vote.html

See less See more
#2 ·
C'mon People !

Get off your Butts!

Go to:
Save The Trails

Register - it only takes a second and you don't have to wait for an email to start voting...

Click on the ACTION ITEM in the list that we need to Promote and it will open another window -

When it loads, click on PROMOTE....

Finish that list and move down to the list of Items that we need to DEMOTE and do the same.

It takes about TEN (10) whole minutes of your time.

Go and VOTE on these Action Items.

OR

Sell your machine now while you can still get a few bucks for it. :rollfinger:

#3 ·
Please give a couple minutes of your time to protect your riding rights. Think of all the time you spend tinkering on your ride to keep it in tip top shape. I think most could spare a few of those minutes to protect our public lands. Thanks to those who are already doing so much on this issue.

#4 ·
Yes, but it tells me I have voted. It's going to take others.

#8 · (Edited)
It won't let me promote or demote. Gonna give it a few mins. I registered, tried to promote/demote and it then asks me to login. So I tried, it says invalid, so i reset password. Tried again, same thing.

Gonna give it a few mins.

Just tried clearing cache and cookies, etc. Still don't work

Reset password to something completely different using the link they provided, and still won't let me in.

I emailed them. Kinda frustrated though and can't guarantee I'll be back to the site unless they email me back.

#9 ·
It won't let me promote or demote. Gonna give it a few mins. I registered, tried to promote/demote and it then asks me to login. So I tried, it says invalid, so i reset password. Tried again, same thing.

Gonna give it a few mins
I've been having the same problem since yesterday, I think they are already starting to shut it down and perhaps trying to prevent any attempts at a last minute surge of voting.

#11 ·

Gonna give it a few mins
I've been having the same problem since yesterday, I think they are already starting to shut it down and perhaps trying to prevent any attempts at a last minute surge of voting.
The site is still up> I just voted on a few more ideas.
By the way Bob is your last name Clark?
It won't let me login still. And I am 100% positive it's not an error on my end.

#12 ·
Ok done deal I voted :)

#15 ·
Well finally got through with my college email, hahaha. I promoted/demoted all of the linked ideas.

#16 ·
Well finally got through with my college email, hahaha. I promoted/demoted all of the linked ideas.
Woo hoo. Now if a hundred more people will go vote on a few ideas then we can rock those numbers.

#22 ·
Your votes are going to make a statement to the President to keep public lands open to all
We need to keep the pressure on. VOTE NOW. Please ask your friends and family to vote.
It only takes a minute to register and VOTE. They require only your name, password and city.
If you have already Voted then Please VOTEfor any new IDEAS you like.
Thomas Jefferson once said, "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for a people of good conscience to remain silent". Many of us have remained silent, but that is changing.....

#26 ·
This is suppose to be the last day folks so please get up there and vote.

The greenies only posted one new idea yesterday and just a couple the day before.

They may make one final assault to demote our Pro-OHV ideas that are winning so if you haven't already done it . . . please take a few minutes to at least promote those ideas under "Hot Topics" on the right hand side of the main page at . . . America's Great Outdoors IdeaJam

Our Public Servants may leave the site up through the calendar month or beyond so keep checking in to vote.

Thank you for helping in the fight for continued access to OUR PUBLIC LANDS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.