Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Garrett, Michigan. Have a 2021 1000xp. Should I replace my stock cage? Or have the newer models gotten better than the last. Seen too many oem cages squashed in roll overs but mostly older models.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
1,139 Posts
Depends on how and where you ride. If you are a full sender that plans on “testing” your cage, then get an aftermarket cage.

·
Registered
2021 xp 4 turbo
47 Posts
Get an aftermarket cage. Better safe than sorry, one bad decision and you can be upside down. Especially if you plan on riding with kids or family etc

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
744 Posts
The stock cage is weak, but in my experience of pulling people out of crashes, it's adequate for "nuisance" rollovers at slow to moderate speeds

Being weak, the ROPS (stock) cage bends, and usually, not the frame. So you won't be out the $$$ for frame replacement, assuming you accident is low-level.

Take a mid to high level tumble, and the rigid, protective aftermarket cage will transfer the energy to the frame and definitely bend it. However, the soft delicate human parts inside will be shaken but not maimed.

It's a choice based on riding style. Personally, we aren't really aggressive, so we've stuck with the stock ROPS cage.

All the best, James

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
1,139 Posts
Still a no for me. I don’t ride anywhere that would lead to the need. I ride for recreation. I don’t need to feel like I am risking my life to enjoy a ride. Easy and moderate trails are fine. I do not like crawling at all.

To each his own though.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Given the height it's dropped from for that example, your cage bending is only going to be a small part of the problem.
well yeah there would be other issues but the point of the video is to show how much stronger and safer a well made aftermarket cage is compared to how easy the stock cage folds.
its sad that for the price of the rzr you then spend another 2k+ for a cage that will actually keep you safe. when its your safety and safety of family riding with you its well worth it.
and they look way better with an aftermarket cage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Bad photo but ending up going with the lsk weld yourself kit, 9/10 recommended. One pipe was angled just a point of a degree off but didn’t cause much issues. .120 walls vs stock .065. Figured where I was going (windrock park) I should Upgrade my safety first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts