Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you ride trails and to the Oark General Store by RZR in Oark and if you can is there Camping facilitys with hookups? 35ft RV. Wanting to go somewhere differen't during the week next week and ride and camp?

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Yes on the riding to Oark. There are a couple of places on 215 west of Oark, Byrds Adventure Center, has RV hookups and some good trails on their place. There is another on east of Byrds, but I am not remembering its name, and don't think they even have hookups. There is also a great place where we stay at on Hi23 just North of 215 Mullbery Lodge, there is a way to get to Oark, Byrds and such from there also. Here are links to Byrds and Mullberry Lodge. Mulberry is much Cleaner, ride right out of Camp as well as Byrds.

Mulberry Mountain - Lodge, Cabins, & Campground - Ozark, Arkansas

Byrd's Adventure Center

It is a Full Days Ride from Mulberrry over to Oark, good hard days ride.
From Byrds it is a easy good day. You will have to drop out on the Road Hi 103 for a short juant down to the Oark Store, but no biggie on that, just stay single file and be cool about it. Never had a problem.

·
Arkyrider
953 Posts
Lots of trails in the area. Plus many FS roads legal to ride. Oark is a great place to eat. You can also ride the Water Fall trail from Byrds.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ed and Rick,
Weather permitting, that's what me and my wife ar gonna do, Our Anniversary is mid week next week and we are gonna go up there and tool around, We are gonna go to Byrds and leave the morning of their Rally and go meet some other friends for another Anniversary ride elsewhere. I still wanna go up to Mulberry and camp, the only time I have been there is when I picked up those tires from you Rick.

·
1,947 Posts
Pretty sure we are going to go camp at Mulberry the last week and weekend of this month. Come on and we can show the trails. We are headed to Harrison Ark to ride. But will be back at Mulberry end of Oct.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know if we can make it then, but sometime this winter I'll be up there, how many miles by trails is it to the Oark store from Byrds

·
1,947 Posts
Don't know if we can make it then, but sometime this winter I'll be up there, how many miles by trails is it to the Oark store from Byrds
Kinda depends on which loop and what all you hit, but anywhere from 20 and up. The son in law of Byrds owner is really good on the Trails and he will gladly line you guys out on how to get to Oark. Cannot beat Oark for Burger and PIE! LOL

Holler at us some time. We sometimes go and stay at the little Motel in Ozark and hit Mt. Magazine on Sat and Cass on Sunday for a Two Day Trip. A few of us can go anytime thru the week too.

·
Premium Member
22,918 Posts
Great People and Food at the Oark Store ... heres some pictures from our ride across the US

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 67KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 89KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 83KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 99KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 93KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 149KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 113KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 107KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 115KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 121KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 119KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 119KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 74KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 114KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 147KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 135KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 107KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 174KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 201KB.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Rick,
that's about what I figured 20 plus a little.

Johnny, I remember when you'all came through here, I was glued to the forums for 3 weeks watching your post's and updates. That's one of the reasons I want to go to Oark, my wife had someone tell her about the place to so she's game for it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks Rick,
that's about what I figured 20 plus a little.

Johnny, I remember when you'all came through here, I was glued to the forums for 3 weeks watching your post's and updates. That's one of the reasons I want to go to Oark, my wife had someone tell her about the place to so she's game for it.
Are you the same RZR T that has the extreme for sale?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No CEK sorry differen't RZR T, BTW what is a extreme? Just curious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
While that area is really awesome, it is best seen from a tagged legal vehicle. I received a very LARGE ticket and damn near got my ATV taken due to riding that area.

Whoever posted the picks of riding the road, it's in your best interest to take those down immediately.

The Forrest Rangers patrol that area heavily. I was informed that there are only a few legal trail systems for ATV's and UTV's in the whole Ozark National Forrest. They are as follows.

Lee Creek trail system. It's near Devils Den state park.
Mill Creek trail system. Just north of Cass AR.
And some trail north of Byrds Adventure center.

I'm sorry to be the messenger of bad news, I'm sure no one wants to take a risk on a large ticket! I learned the hard way.

So, ride that area at your own risk! Oh, and the fine for being caught riding around the Mulberry river is $5000!!! No joke folks, it has posted signs and they are dang serious about it.

Again, ride that area at your own risk!!! Just my experience and hope to save someone else a ticket.

·
Premium Member
22,918 Posts
tagged legal vehicle.... Thanks for the info but we were all Tagged Legal Vehicles for on and off highway ... and Im not sure why you say I should take the pictures down they have been on the internet for over a year

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad you were tagged and legal. My message was for those not tagged as road legal. As most ATV's are not able to be tagged.

Again just a word of caution about legal trails in the area. Not worth the risk, at least not to me anymore. And I suspect anyone else who gets caught and ticked would say the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh, and just because your tagged road legal does not mean the trails you where riding in that area are legal to ride. I got a ticket for riding an illegal trail. I was no where near a road. A Ranger seen our tracks, then went around and waited where we crossed a dirt road.

Again, ride at your own risk in that area!

·
Arkyrider
953 Posts
Arkansas law allows you to ride roads from trail to trail if you can show a good reason for it. Good reason means something like no trail head to park truck and trailer.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Made it, had a great week there!!!!!

·
"Thug Life"
2,035 Posts
Have been in contact with thundermountainatv on here, and have asked about the thought of riding from the top of White Rock Mountain, down and over to Oark General Store.

He is sending me some NFS maps to use, possibly. In about two weeks our crew plans to hit WRM, along with Mill Creek. Didn't know if Oark was a feasible option, or not?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Have been in contact with thundermountainatv on here, and have asked about the thought of riding from the top of White Rock Mountain, down and over to Oark General Store.

He is sending me some NFS maps to use, possibly. In about two weeks our crew plans to hit WRM, along with Mill Creek. Didn't know if Oark was a feasible option, or not?
Very feasible and few different ways to do it too. It would be a good days ride and you would probably be wise to take some extra gas incase you take a wrong turn. That area is one of our favorites to ride, we still have not explored all the trails that are out there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts