Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2013 RZR S LE about a month ago and was wondering if there are any other guys from the NW Indiana / Chicagoland area on this board? I havent had a chance to take it out to badlands yet, but lucky for me there are tons of woods/atv trails by my house.

Hope to find some local guys to ride with. I think this Oct, my wife and I are going down to badlands for a Jeep Meetup, hope to bring the :rzrs: with!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am about an hour 15 from Badlands and 45mins from south Chicago. I also own around 1500 acres of wooded and open ground with a couple creek crossings where we have made a fare number of trails to ride on.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I live 120 miles south of Chicago in Lexington,il.
I am 70 miles from The Cliffs in Marseilles,il and 2 hours from The Badlands.

Doug

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am about an hour 15 from Badlands and 45mins from south Chicago. I also own around 1500 acres of wooded and open ground with a couple creek crossings where we have made a fare number of trails to ride on.
Holy $hit, 1500 acres is crazy amount of land, did you accidently add a zero to that, thats almost 2x the amount of land that BADLANDS offroad park is...

We def should hook up with some other local guys and ride, where abouts are you in IL? I have a few friends that just moved out to the Manteno area...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live 120 miles south of Chicago in Lexington,il.
I am 70 miles from The Cliffs in Marseilles,il and 2 hours from The Badlands.

Doug

I'm assuming you have taken your RZR out to Cliffs? If so how do you like Cliffs, I have heard nothing but bad stuff about that place, lots of Jeepers hate it... Had the chance to go there with my Jeep before the SxS and was told not to because you will "definitly return home with body damage" due to the poor trails and rough terain...

Now with the SxS I dont care about body damage :) !!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Michael,
I love the place.
I am out there about twice a month.
When it rains it is a mud pit.
The trails can be challenging when you go off the main ones.
It has a lot of steep climbs and tight trails.
We are going out this Sunday(the 16th) for my son's birthday.

Doug

·
Registered
488 Posts
Cliffs could be fun when dry. When we went it was a mess. It took me a week to get the rzr clean so I'll go back if it hasn't rained in a few weeks :)

We are heading up to the tri county trail this weekend. It's flat, slow, and boring but atleast I'll be out riding. They also have bars along the route ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Holy $hit, 1500 acres is crazy amount of land, did you accidently add a zero to that, thats almost 2x the amount of land that BADLANDS offroad park is...

We def should hook up with some other local guys and ride, where abouts are you in IL? I have a few friends that just moved out to the Manteno area...
I rent a lot of homes & land out for farming and we set aside around 1500 acres personally for wildlife. Most of it is on ridden with no trails but that is changing quickly...lol

I am just south of Kankakee (about 25min) in between Ashkum and Clifton.
Always looking for help to clear more trails...lol Hit me up with a pm and maybe with can get together.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
1500 acres no wonder why you have a good list of SXS.Got to be pretty cool to get back to back testing on all the models.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've been to the cliffs quit a few times with the Jeep, and never got any damage. 90% of the jeeps with damage, are guys with no lockers trying to climb stuff that cant be climbed open wheeled. Now back when they first opened, I would tell you to stay away from there no matter what you had. Back in the day, you would be going up hills, and there where stumps in the middle, and to narrow.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Live in Hampshire, il. 90 miles from the cheese country trails in Monroe, wi (which I'm going tmrrw 9/15) and 69 miles from the cliffs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts