Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see that many recomeend the nuvi 500 and have even seen the best methods for mounting.

My question is the 500 has been out a while right? If so then do they have a step up from it?

A new model that replaces it with more updated maps and such? Or is the 500 still the one to go with and a new version has not been released?

·
Premium Member
41,512 Posts
So I see that many recomeend the nuvi 500 and have even seen the best methods for mounting.

My question is the 500 has been out a while right? If so then do they have a step up from it?

A new model that replaces it with more updated maps and such? Or is the 500 still the one to go with and a new version has not been released?
IMHO it's the best bang for the buck... FJK recommended it to me, I'm sure glad he did...:) :) :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I found mine on EBay. A factory refurb unit with a 1 year warranty for $150.00. You get a free online map update from Garmin. A downside is that you can't download tracks to it, only routes. It will generate a track as you ride and it can be uploded to your computer. An upside is you can put in data as Points of Interest (POIs) and route to them. I have about 2,700 mines in AZ in my list. They appear as a pop up when you are close or you can route to them. It will also show them in a list with the closest ones first, showing distance and direction of travel.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most stores no longer even sale it where did you find it online for 150?

I think the model is being discontinued I have an email into garmin now to see if it has been replaced by a newer model.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Costco was selling them brand new for 199 and free shipping. But they don't seem to have them listed anymore. I'm also kinda of wondering if they plan on coming out with a new one. I'd like one with a built in MP3 Player.

I'm also not sure how the off road mapping works. Can you ride a trail, then name it and save it? So when your on that trail again it will display sorta like a road would on normal map?

·
Premium Member
41,512 Posts
Costco was selling them brand new for 199 and free shipping. But they don't seem to have them listed anymore. I'm also kinda of wondering if they plan on coming out with a new one. I'd like one with a built in MP3 Player.

I'm also not sure how the off road mapping works. Can you ride a trail, then name it and save it? So when your on that trail again it will display sorta like a road would on normal map?
YES...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope I plan to use the hardwire kit but I am just trying to find the right one as for the ones I have found have a data wire built in and dont really need that. Maybe thats the one yall are using and just not using the extra wire.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I hope it fits I ordered a 500 and the hardwire kit a few hours ago.. Right after tim confirmed you could save and name trails. Thanks you just cost me a couple hundred bucks lol I've really been needing a new GPS anyway. My current one I use in the truck is a 360 with a flip up antenna

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.