Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short i have been going back and forth with selling my renegade 800 to buy a rzr-s or 900xp. iv never owned a sxs but iv had an itch to get one. i really didnt want to give um my wheeler for one as i think id miss it. but i wouldnt want anything less then a rzr-s. well today i stumbled onto a 2009 rzr 800 50 inch. 1300 miles about 75 hours. all stock except for a polaris factory warn winch 3500lb, polaris roof and a polaris front brush guard. it was owned by an elderly man to cruise with his wife around his property. only flaw i could find was a tiny rip in the seat next to the seat belt. hardley noticable. sounded great no rattles no noises, i took it for a rip high, low 4x4 everything works. now i know what these go for in my area but what would you all say it would be worth?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i honestly bought it just to turn around and sell it and make a few bucks, but i think i might keep it for awhile! best part is i still have my renny for when i go with the boys or this when i want to take a buddy or a lady friend.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Its worth what he will take. Make him an offer and go from there. It sux but....

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
6k is a great deal. I would say $8500 would be on the hi side $7500-$8000 is about fair value.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
244 Posts
long story short i have been going back and forth with selling my renegade 800 to buy a rzr-s or 900xp. iv never owned a sxs but iv had an itch to get one. i really didnt want to give um my wheeler for one as i think id miss it. but i wouldnt want anything less then a rzr-s. well today i stumbled onto a 2009 rzr 800 50 inch. 1300 miles about 75 hours. all stock except for a polaris factory warn winch 3500lb, polaris roof and a polaris front brush guard. it was owned by an elderly man to cruise with his wife around his property. only flaw i could find was a tiny rip in the seat next to the seat belt. hardley noticable. sounded great no rattles no noises, i took it for a rip high, low 4x4 everything works. now i know what these go for in my area but what would you all say it would be worth?
I also came off a Renegade. If you like the power of the Gade, you'll be disappointed in the power of the 800 RZR. 72hp in ~610lbs is more fun than ~55hp in 1000 lbs. You aren't going to rail around corners the same either. Hooking a boot on the pegs of a 'Gade and railing on a nasty, rough trail is just s-eating grin time.

Having said that, we bought the RZR to get the wife to come out more. I expected to be disappointed, but I'm not. It's a whole lot of fun! We have some trails with steep hillclimbs, with the light nose, the 'Gade led to pucker factor. When climbing anything steep, steering is pretty well out of the question because the front wheels are in the air. The RZR keeps the front planted on seriously steep stuff. There is still enough power to have fun. And it soaks up rough terrain better than I expected, given that you can't get your legs under you to help soak up bumps. Plus it gets the wife out, and you have enough storage space for a lunch! It also doesn't beat you up the way the over-sprung/undershocked suspension of a stock (non X/XXC) Gade does, I had to drop a lot of coin on shocks to make it ride acceptably. I'm not really missing the 'Gade.

If you're like me, you'll be a bit disappointed with the 4x4 system and lack of engine braking, but you get used to it.

Wish the big motor was available in the 50"...

You got a great deal, hope you have a great time with it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats just the thing is that i knew i wouldnt be satisfied with an 800-s. but at least i got this cheap and it gets me in the door of the sxs world and i can determine if i like it or not and go from there and still keep my renegade for now. kind of works out nice

·
Registered
475 Posts
That sounds like a good plan to me, keep it and drive it for awhile. Driving it will definitely help you decide weather or not the side by side world is for you and if it is then you can decide weather or not you want to keep it or get an S or XP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts