Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RZR800, I noticed a lack of top end power. I found it will not go over 5300 RPM, even going down hill full throttle. If i put it in neutral it will go up to 6500 rev limiter, but driving in high will not go above 5300. In reverse it will go up to 6500rpm. In low it hits 5300 then will climb higher about 50 rpm every 3 to 4 seconds. I checked fuel pressure, 45 psi when parked and when driving full throttle. disconnected the exhaust pipe to run open pipe to be sure exhaust is not blocked, 5300 rpm max still and a bit loud.. Pulled injectors , good spray patterns off both. removed air filter no difference. Anyone have any ideas? I am stumped.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
With a machine of that vintage, do a compression check. Need to know what condition the engine is in. It may need a new top end and is making as much power as it can with the weak top end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked compression, front cylinder has 100 lbs, rear cylinder has 150 lbs, looks like an engine rebuild. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got the engine rebuilt, new jug, new pistons, new exhaust valves. Compression is now around 175 both cylinders. Runs good, BUT still the same problem. In Park the motor will now rev to 6500 , in high gear motor goes to 5300 and no higher, in low goes up to 5300 quickly then slowly will climb higher but still not to rev limiter. Still good fuel pressure and flow. The only error the CPU shows is a "temp sensor error" This is because I bypassed fan to run all the time. It has been this way since long before the problem started, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Sounds like it could be a clutch problem. Email Todd at Hunterworks and ask him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts