Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a picture that I came across. Its a 170 but not from Polaris. I have not been able to get any more info on it yet (not for the lack of trying). From what I have gathered they are supposed to be on there way. And A lot cheaper than the polaris. Wondering if its gonna have some of the same problems.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
if it's an "Odes" it will take some effort to keep it running. curious to see what the price is though.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
here's a link to it, it's listed a "Blade". looks like an exact mechanical copy of a 170. wonder if Polaris will go after them legally. when you add the shipping in it doesn't seem much cheaper than the real thing?

note: mods can remove the link if needed, not trying to advertise for these guy's.
Mike

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link, I could not find it yesterday. Its the same motor so running should be the same. I like the new body style they used. It also looks like the rear swing arm is different than my 2010.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Place in Phoenix said they will have these for Christmas for $2500.00 bucks...

Toss a Polaris sticker on it and nobody knows any difference.....

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
They're actually calling it a "razor" thats funny. How do you know its the same motor? Those chinese made honda knockoffs are honda copied motors but they are far from honda motors.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Cool...It's better than the Polaris version IMHO. Besides, the Polaris 170 is made in South West Asia anyways, so quality wise, it would be the same.
Quality doesn't depend on what continent the factory sits on--it's the company that puts their name on it that controls the quality. Could be better or worse than Polaris. Time will tell...

What the hell is driving that thing--Casper's fashionable sister?? The Michelin Man's kid perhaps??
:rofl3:

·
Registered
185 Posts
It looks to me as though the original manufacturer has it's next model out and polaris hasn't agreed to sell them yet. They look way to simular not to be linked somehow.
"GM" Chevy-GMC. That was probably the 2010 model and Polaris didn't buy them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What happened to the link? Anyone know what or who will supply these? If this is the same as the RZR 170 why not buy a cleaper unit. All of the 170's in the south are highly marked up.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
All I know is we tried all the china built atvs and side by sides and all of them broke down all the time. Couldnot get parts after sitting in shop for months. A few yrs back we took them 5 days after xmas to the ware house that sold them to us an we could see around 150 atvs and side by sides in the back all sitting brand new just bought at xmas and broke down, i have to admit this 170 of ours has held up very good and at least i know a good dealer to stand behind it with the polaris name and i know they will be here another 20 yrs like they have been already at the same location.That alone is worth the extra 1500 or 1000 as far i am concern.there is a reason its cheaper and we wont find out again. i had a rhino knock off and paid 4000 and it looked awesome i mean so damn pretty and tough. lasted 3 weeks and i sold it to someone else for 2500 just to get rid of it.

HERE I FOUND SOME PHOTOS OF WHAT IAM TALKING ABOUT !This is back before i got polaris. i thought i got a really good deal when i both of these for 6000. these are the ones that both fell aprt. the go kart looked so cool and for 1995.00 i thought what a deal and the green utv was around 3995.00 looks good but JUNK !!! At first glace its like wow both for 6000 what a deal found out the hard way !

·
Registered
15 Posts
wild woody! You do have a good point...if it breaks Polaris has been good about standing behind there products.

Good call.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Really?? Like the airbox?? or the swingarm?? or the take your pick. This machine was made in asia and polaris stuck their name on it. It is the same junk and Polaris is paying plenty of warranty work on them......and the rest of us are paying for everything after the warranty. Shame on Polaris. I think someone else on here said it best when they said it is an overpriced go cart that should never be taken off the street. Those that have had the 170 for some time have had to modify them to the tune of hundreds or thousands of dollars to 1. make them functional and 2. keep them running. Needless to say, if any one of the major manufacturers produced a youth machine, they would put the 170 off the market. This machine alone has made me a non believer in Polaris products. I have owned several quads over the years and can honestly say that the quality of the Polaris product does not come close to the Japanese manufactured machines......Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki......Polaris is in trouble when/if the others ever decide to get serious in this market. Just my .02 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
When ur POLARIS 170 broke the dealer told us it was becuase of abuse.......abuse or not they should have stood behind it.......no matter what..I bought the extended warranty for that reason..put kids on stuff and yes things break..put me on them well I will brake them worse....my point is that maybe the $1500.00 in savings might be worth the hassle of getting parts and stuff..........but that is just my experience....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Polaris hasn't made their youth stuff in years, It's all built by another company even all the quads up to the 90cc Sportsman. I've had em all and they are all built by AEON

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Still better then the SUNL atvs that are china made and at the flea markets and the gas staions that are bought in containers and sold here in the USA

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I had no one that would or could work on sunl. I like that the dealer stands behind my Polaris with a extended warnetty and have had no problems getting anything fix.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts