Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 XP I bought in October and it is 3 hours and 20 miles on it. I took it to Waynoka, OK for SnakeHunt and went to back it out of enclosed trailer and heard loud clanking noise when attempted to start and then Service engine light came on. Funny thing is I pulled it into trailer without any problem. Returned it to dealer and just found out today they have sent a request to Polaris to have motor replaced. Anyone else had this issue? or to deal with warranty through Polaris?

·
Registered
100 Posts
polaris is pretty good for warranty and if the dealer said its messed then im sure it wont be a prob..... its usually just the labor ive noticed u still have to pay for just not parts but thats up here in canada i dont know wht its like down in the US... ive had plenty of things break before my warranty ran out and they fixed noprob

·
DREWDAWG
17 Posts
I bet you it was the gears in starter clutch. Mine went out in the middle of aride. It's the gear bolt that you can't see inside the starter area that you can't see or adjust. It makes a metallic clanking sound starting and once it goes out the whole thing will seize. Then you have to replace the whole engine because of a design flaw. The starter is not separate unfortunately. Good luck. Hopefully it went smoothly and they warranted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts