Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running any nitrous on there XP's, I haven't heard of it much so was wondering what others were doing?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has run NOS on their XP's????

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont have experience yet with a RZR, but I do have NOS experience from a ton of Drag racing cars and I can tell you that its mostly bad news.

NOS is just a quick burst, so if you are in a drag race its best suited there, but you are playing with fire with burning pistons and all kinds of other issues. Sure its cheap horsepower if you are just trying to outrun a buddy on a straight, but the negative side to it is just way too high IMO. The problem is people always want to move it up in power settings and its only a matter of time.

Blowers and Turbos are hands down a better option, even if it is more costly on the front end.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
pretty sure Tim (swingarm) has sprayed one of his RZRs not sure if it was a XP or 800

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
I wouldn't put nos on any cvt setup. Too hard to clutch for it. If you clutch for no spray it will slip, clutch for it and it's a dog when not on the bottle.

Only time you could really use it on stock clutching is pulling a hill and when rpm drops you can hit it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i'm lookng at a Boss NOS kit. I have a line on a good used kit (one season) for a hell of a deal. I figured it might be worth it, its something different and maybe give me a little better chance against my buddies with 1000 renegades, purely just for bragging rights. But just using a 20 shot. Anything to help spin these 31"s a little quicker until i can do the turbo.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Your playing with fire. Mark5193 tried his once. Toasted the motor the first time out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Im a HUGE fan of power adders....and I love nitrous....but as stated, you cant really use it well on a CVT machine...same goes for Jetskis....Ive tried it there..and its basically the same.... you cant gear for it Clutch/Prop same thing...lol....the CVT will slip too much when clutched light enough for regular use....then if you clutch it for spray it will be a PIG off the bottle...I would only consider nitrous to spool my turbo......save your money and buy something else...you will be glad you did.....

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
no, i had the boss noss kit. it was my fault, not the kits fault. funny how the stories get altered over time. properly ran, i think nos is a great power adder. i made the mistake of not having a window switch, and i could "overide" the rev limiter with nos and fuel. bent the crank. i would try it again, knowing what i know now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no, i had the boss noss kit. it was my fault, not the kits fault. funny how the stories get altered over time. properly ran, i think nos is a great power adder. i made the mistake of not having a window switch, and i could "overide" the rev limiter with nos and fuel. bent the crank. i would try it again, knowing what i know now.
What do you mean by a window switch?

I know a few people who have had good luck with NOS, it think its just knowing when to actually use it. Most probably think its an any time power adder. If you use it properly i can't see it being a huge problem.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
window switch is an rpm activated switch, turns on at a certain rpm, off at another, leaving a certain "window" of rpms the noss can be activated.

·
Premium Member
41,100 Posts
Go ahead and re install your kit and let us know the results please Mark...

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
If I were you I wouldn't waste the money on it. I would put that money towards either an Alba stage 2 (which is also 20hp to wheels) or a turbo. Both of those are useable power you can use all day long at all rpm ranges. NOS is only really for drag racing.

If you do get it, good luck on clutching it right. I had a few buddies run NOS on their sleds and they spent more time changing weights than riding. Needless to say by the end of the season all of them ripped the systems off and went either big bore or turbo.

NOS just doesn't work well for CVT applications because you simply can't clutch them for both off the bottle and on the bottle scenarios.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I ran Nos on a Teryx for 2 years......Makes big power if done right :popcorn:...Had lots of fun in Dumont...could gain 20 mph up the comp hill

1 - 20 of 35 Posts