Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Polaris and dealers wire them from the winch to the contactor mounted to the firewall and then to the bus bar. That's how the directions show it to be done. They rely on the 200 amp fuse in the harness from the bus bar to the battery.

Not saying that's the only way to do it, but I've seen hundreds of dealer installed, and factory installed winches, and they were all done that way.
I think that is nuts...my last machine was wired that way from the dealer as well, and never had an issue with anything (Winch, stereo, lightbar, tablet and usb plugs everywhere). This time, winch direct to the battery and everything else to the busbar, should give me some pierce of mind????

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
344 Posts
My 19 was pre-wired. Made a mistake and shorted it. Finally found the fuse under the radiator overflow tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a used car. There is a wire going to ACC post on the bus bar that branches out from the main wire harness.
The wire going to ACC (from the harness) is switched power from the ignition switch. It is Not large enough to power a light bar on its own. It is large enough to power the light bar relay. You must install either, your own large gauge wire from the battery, or, the optional accessory wire kit available from Polaris. If you install your own, don't forget to include a fuse of appropriate size and a negative wire of the same gauge at the same time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Turn the key on , run a wire on ur volt meter lead to - post at the batter and make sure the ground u have is a good ground, a bad ground has caused me more than a 100 headaches

41 - 46 of 46 Posts