Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to install a light bar, and there is no power to the bus bar under the hood. Neither the ACC or Battery Terminals, I was grounding it to the frame. I put the meter on the post, and nothing. Any ideas on why?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Polaris sells a fused accessory cable that needs to be run to power the buss bar.
My 2018 Xpt came with one, but I actually bought one at the time of purchase because I didnt know that.
So I guess some models come with one and some models dont.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If there’re wires going to the bus bar then it should have power. I think it was just the 900s that didn’t come pre-wired. I only used my bus bar for the acc terminal for my winch solenoid. I wanted a direct link from the battery to the winch with as few connections as possible. I recently heard that the power cable to the bus bar is fused. I would find and check that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Either the wire harness is missing, or a blown inline fuse in the harness. Follow the cabling from the battery all the way to the bus bar.

·
Vendor
1,547 Posts
This is a used car. There is a wire going to ACC post on the bus bar that branches out from the main wire harness.
That is probably an orange wire and is all Polaris used to wire. That is only the Acc terminal and not the power or ground. You need an additional wiring harness for that. It has heavy cables that go from the bus bar direct to the battery with a 200 amp fuse in the harness.

Polaris didn't use to include that harness from the factory.

What year is you RZR and if you aren't sure, post a picture of your bus bar and we can answer for sure.

·
Vendor
1,547 Posts
If there’re wires going to the bus bar then it should have power. I think it was just the 900s that didn’t come pre-wired. I only used my bus bar for the acc terminal for my winch solenoid. I wanted a direct link from the battery to the winch with as few connections as possible. I recently heard that the power cable to the bus bar is fused. I would find and check that.
No, my 2014, 2015 XP1000's weren't wired, nor was my 2016 Turbo. Not sure when Polaris starting adding the harness, but the early XP's and Turbos weren't.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My 2014 didn’t come wired for power, but there is an ACC wire, and it should be hot when the key is on. If not, check for blown fuse.

I ran a #8 wire from the battery up under the hood and installed a blue sea fuse block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either the wire harness is missing, or a blown inline fuse in the harness. Follow the cabling from the battery all the way to the bus bar.
The wire to the ACC (left post) comes out of the wire harness. Since it has the factory wrap around it I don’t know how I could trace it. I added the ground wire to the frame (center post).

·
Vendor
1,547 Posts
The wire to the ACC (left post) comes out of the wire harness. Since it has the factory wrap around it I don’t know how I could trace it. I added the ground wire to the frame (center post).
You don't need to trace anything. Your bus bar is only wired to the acc terminal. You need to buy the harness from Polaris that wires the battery to the positive and negative terminals.
The acc terminal wasn't meant to wire major things like light bars or winches to. I believe it's only a 5 or 10 amp fuse. The Polaris harness is a 200 amp fuse.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
The Acc terminal should have power when key is in ON position.
The 2015 900 has a separate fuse for the Acc terminal.
Is the fuse good?
2020-01-18_110506.jpg

·
Vendor
1,547 Posts
07Turbo, that information is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks!
Here's a photo of what you need. You can see the 200 amp fuse. It comes with clips and everything you need to install.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did check the fuse, and it was bad. So now there is power to the bus bar. My lightbar is 180w, and I think that it might be to much for a 10 amp fuse. I’m think that I’ll just order the large Polaris kit. I don’t want to over load the fuse and be without the light at night, plus the previous owner installed a wench (wired to the battery). I would like to have the wires al together at the firewall.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ok, so from the pic you are obviously NOT pre-wired to the bus bar. Must be a model year thing rather than model category. My ‘18 came pre-wired, but again, I did not run my winch off the bus bar. If you want to run power to that bar I would just get some 8ga wire and terminal connectors along with a breaker/fuse of some sort and wire it yourself. I’m sure Polaris charges some obscene amount of money for the “factory harness.”

1 - 20 of 46 Posts