Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just went to the dunes for the first time with my RZR. WOW I was not impressed. This thing will hardly go anywhere. I used to go every single weekend with the 4-wheeler and dirt bike and I loved it! Haven't been for several years so I thought I would try it out on the new RZR. Guess the sand here must be WAY softer than Glamis because I can't see this beeing any fun. i will stick to the mountains. Do they really go that good down there?

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Tire selection, line selection and momentum are huge when hitting the dunes! Post up some details about your car and I'm sure the fine members of RZR forums.net will be more then helpful in making sure theres a smile on your face next time around!:popcorn:

·
Golden Sand Dunes
85 Posts
with low air pressure you can drive and climb more easy specially with stock engine

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
When I was stock I dropped all the way down to 4 lbs and climbed very well. Paddles will make a huge difference but a turbo will also be more fun :)

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Add turbo and your problem will be solved :)

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I have a completely bone stock RZR. I did ride once with dirt tires aired down to 5 lbs. It helped. Then I got a set of Doonz paddles and smoothy fronts, WOW, I was going all the places I wanted too. Ask the guys that went to St. Anthonys this year, I think I did pretty good all stock. I even tried something I shouldnt have lol. Paddles are the only way to go in my opinion. The reason I chose the Doonz Paddles is 1- I only ride in the sand maybe 4-5 times a year so I didnt want to spend tons. 2- I got a killer deal from an awesome person on the forums. Where were you riding? I have rode at Killpecker in WY and the sand is close to ST. Anthony but not as fine. Hope the info helps.
Thom

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thats odd... I aired my Big Horns down to 4.5 lbs and went everywhere in Glamis including the big bowls and did it at pretty fast too. I cleared the top of Olds at 30mph and tagged along with a group of quads and even they were impressed I didn't slow them down.

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
What are you comparing the stock RZR too? If you are assuming it will run with a Raptor 700 or a modded Banshee...then you are going to be disappointed. But if you came from a 400cc sport quad, or pretty much any utility quad...the RZR should perform just as well with the right tire pressure.

With my stock RZR with skat trak paddles, I can outrun most 400cc sport quads on the sand, and run with all of the 'utes. But it is a slouch compared to my Raptor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.