Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other weekend I was testing my snorkel kit I installed on my RZR. The seal for the air intake was not so good. Got water in the engine, removed spark plugs and got the water out and got it turn over. Water also got into the crankcase. Drained the crankcase to remove all the water and it came out fine. I added 2 quarts of diesel to the CC to dry out all the water and get rid of the milk but when I removed the drain plug there was no drainage. I ended up having the siphon it all out of the oil filler neck. What is the problem and should I be concerned. Currently the engine is running fine oil level is fine just why is there no drainage? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
So if you remove the drain plug right now nothing comes out? Just wondering if the combo of diesel, water, oil and whatever else you sucked into the motor has the drain hole plugged? Maybe take the plug out and poke a screwdriver or something up there to see if ya can get it to drain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure if it will drain now. I have not tried it again after putting fresh oil in, but I will when I get home. I tried the screwdriver thing and there is really not far to go when you stick it in there. I will try it again today and let you know what happens.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Are you sure you pulled the drain plug and not some other bolt?
oil should come right out, unless it is plugged... but for nothing to come out that would really have to be plugged up tight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Positive I pulled the drain plug. There is only 1 hole down there and it is for the CC. Im going to try it again this evening. Thanks for the response

1 - 5 of 5 Posts