Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys are interested, Boss Noss has setup a group buy on another forum I'm on, and they are extending it to their twin cylinder kit so we can hopefully meet the required amount of people to get the deal. I'm going with a 20hp shot for my Raptor, and even considering getting a kit for my RZR too.

I will just post the information over here:

BOSS NOSS has offered us here at Raptor Source a HUGE discount on their NOS setup.

Here's what we've come up with for a group buy. We need to get 10 people that want to do this. BOSS NOSS has come up with an awesome price and discount for accessories at the time of the purchase. Remember, this is a complete system with no additional items that need to be purchased: No gauges, no bottle heaters, no bottle blanket, etc. Our systems are the most complete out of the box systems in the world. Please check further down for why BOSS NOSS is better!

We can keep a list of members that want to buy systems and how many they want, if applicable. There is no limit to how many anyone can order, the more the merrier. Once the deadline hits, BOSS NOSS will get the systems shipped. If we can hit the minimum order amount before the deadline, they'll start shipping early.

Details:
$599 per single ATV Nitrous System - Retail $799
10% off at the time of purchase on Accessories (extra bottles, nozzles, etc)
Deadline: Oct 10th, 2010
Any Horsepower level to 60hp
Offer Code: 081310

I asked Jeremy at BOSS NOSS to give me a reason why I should buy their system over the others. So he gave me 10.

10 Reasons to buy BOSS NOSS over the competition:
1. Advanced Technology
2. Regulation – Consistency
3. N.P.F.I
4. Pre-Assembled
5. Complete System
6. No additional gauges/hardware
7. No tuning
8. Efficient
9. User Friendly
10. Factory Direct Support

Advanced Technology
Existing nitrous kits on the market are using 50-year-old technology. Variable bottle pressures, inefficient mixing heads and fading horsepower levels make current systems obsolete. BOSS NOSS uses the most advanced technology on the market to provide a consistent and efficient system that takes the guesswork out and all that remains is HORSEPOWER!

Regulation
BOSS NOSS is the only company that provides 100% nitrous regulation in all our systems. Regulation gives BOSS systems the ability to provide a consistent blast of nitrous throughout the entire pull with no fading due to variable nitrous/fuel ratios. Any kit on the market that is not regulated is second rate, not capable of providing the dependable horsepower you deserve.

N.P.F.I
Nitrous Powered Fuel Injector – The worlds first fuel injector powered by BOSS’ regulated nitrous flow. The NPFI uses the nitrous to siphon the exact amount of fuel, mix it with the nitrous and inject it into the engine. The NPFI does the work of a fuel pump, fuel solenoid, fuel nozzle, nitrous nozzle and mixing head. Eliminating all those components removes the possible failure point of an overcomplicated inefficient system.

Pre-Assembled
BOSS NOSS systems come pre-assembled, removing the tedious task of lining up parts and soldiering wires. All you have to do with a BOSS NOSS system is mount the NPFI, mount the Smart Box and bottle, run the power wires and then enjoy your system. BOSS NOSS has taken the headache out of designing and installing a nitrous system.

Complete System
It's a complete system with no additional items that need to be purchased: No gauges, no bottle heaters, no bottle blanket, etc.

No Additional Accessories Required
With other kits, you will need bottle warmers, gauges, regulators and an assortment of jets to fine-tune the kit. BOSS has developed a system that you will only need to fill your bottle to enjoy. BOSS has included or made obsolete most other accessories needed to have a complete nitrous system.

No Tuning
With BOSS NOSS, the tuning is done at the time of the order. The NPFI is built for your horsepower level and it does the rest. It will meter the exact amount of fuel needed for your horsepower shot, eliminating timely and costly jetting and tuning changes.

Efficient
Performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort measures efficiency. With a BOSS NOSS system, you don’t have the downtime of tuning or assembling a system. Regulating your nitrous pressure, BOSS NOSS uses more available nitrous in the system, allowing you to run longer with each bottle fill-up.

User Friendly
BOSS NOSS is truly a user-friendly system. Because of the simplicity of the BOSS system, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist with a degree in Chemical Engineering to harness nitrous to go faster! With only a few simple parts to install and understand, BOSS NOSS works for everyone.

Factory Direct Support
At BOSS Industries, we strive to build the most complete, efficient, safe and powerful nitrous system in the world. Trained technicians are available to assist you with any questions or concerns you might have. We also enjoy hearing about your victories at the sand dunes or drag strips. We are available by phone, Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm MST (801-794-0307) and always by email: [email protected].

Here is the original thread if anybody wants more information:

BOSS NOSS GROUP BUY!!!!! Ends OCT 10th

if anybody has any questions or comments, post them here and I can pass them along to Raptorsource.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More info from the original thread:

If anyone has been considering Nitrous for their Raptor (or any ATV for that matter), this is a great opportunity. Nitrous can be a difficult thing to sell because of the last 50 years of bad press and movies that have done more harm than good to such a great technology. Please ask any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them! Let's get 10 users on this before Oct.

As well, please take a moment to check out our video's on BOSSNOSS.com. They do a good job of explaining just how simple and consistent our system is compared to anyone else out there.

ATV |

-Jeremy

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked these questions:

Ok...I have a few more questions before I commit. What about mounting the bottles? Does this kit come with brackets to mount everything up? Is it ran off of a WOT switch? And for the nitrous jet...does this tap into the intake somewhere? Basically what I'm asking...how hard of an install would this be for an idiot with plenty of tools? Huh? Bottle size included with the "kit"? And average cost to have that bottle refilled (and I know it probably varies by shop and location)? Also, are there any supporting mods that would help make a 20hp shot safer without cracking the engine open on a 3 mod raptor (programmable ignition, etc)?

And here is their answers:

Okay, easy answer:
-It's simple enough for a novice to install this.

-It comes with some brackets to mount the bottles, but it will be up to the end user to decide where they want them. Everyone seems to want them in their own location, so it's been difficult to come up with a specific bracket for each bike. Some like it on the other side of a single exhaust where the duals would be located. When you get duals, this kinda defeats that install location. Some remove the front bumper and mount them there. Good spot as well. Mounting the bottle with the included brackets will be the biggest obstacle.

-It comes with a momentary switch that you have to hold down to activate the system. You can install and wire in your own WOT switch, but it's not included in the system.

-The nozzle can be installed in the intake pipe and I placed mine right before the throttle body. Drilled a hole and bolted the nozzle into the intake with some loctite to make sure the nut doesn't come loose.

-2.5lb bottle comes standard with the kit. I can get you bigger bottles or more bottles if you want.

-Figure about $5 a lb for nitrous, depending on your location of course.

-A 20hp hit is as safe as anything else on a stock raptor. Put a piston in it for more compression and but it up to a 30. You need nothing else in my opinion to make this a safe running system.

Now when it comes to your specific questions....

I will post this link over there for the boss noss guys to look at, they will either answer your questions over there (and I will post them here for you) or they will post up here.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
any changes needed for the 2011? what is the price for a rzr system?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The kit should be the same on the 2011, but I will double check. And yes, the pricing is the same for the twin cylinder kits. I placed my order for the single kit, along with an extra 2.5# bottle on thursday...these guys were very helpfully and knowledgable on their kits, and nitrous in general...I can't wait to hit the dunes and test this system out now.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
FYI I like using NOS with a turbo. The NOS can futher cool the charge. ie. 20hp shot may end up seeing 22-25hp at the crank. As long as they are made to work together they will work very well together. For the non-intercooler guys this can be fun to play with.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
will it require ANY other mods, like dynetec ingition, or coil, etc. i noticed the rev on the video, was nearly 7000rpm?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
karter44,

How long the bottle lasts depends on how big of a shot you run, and how often you spray. And you can set the system up to run off of a WOT switch, but it doesn't come with one...I believe their basic kit comes with a button to spray (but I will ask them again just to make sure).

will it require ANY other mods, like dynetec ingition, or coil, etc. i noticed the rev on the video, was nearly 7000rpm?
I asked this same question with my Raptor, they said the kit is designed to work with any mods you may already have...but nothing is required to be added to make the kit safe on a stock engine. Their shop RZR may have been modded, but that was upgrades they decided to add.

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
Only problem I have a question about is what will this do to your clutching? Normally you wouldnt be using the Nx so if you clutch for no Nx then hit the Nx you will hit limiter too soon? is this the case or do they have that figured out as well?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Only problem I have a question about is what will this do to your clutching? Normally you wouldnt be using the Nx so if you clutch for no Nx then hit the Nx you will hit limiter too soon? is this the case or do they have that figured out as well?
x2

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good question, I will pass it along to the guys and post their response.

G

·
Great question..hopefully you can find a happy medium between under clutching for the spray(ie all over the rev limiter) and over clutching when N/A(ie bogging or making it a dog without the N20)...

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Great question..hopefully you can find a happy medium between under clutching for the spray(ie all over the rev limiter) and over clutching when N/A(ie bogging or making it a dog without the N20)...
This is always the problem. No spray = less hp= less rpm = less hp. IF you add a rev box and set it at something higher than stock then you could mantain your current drivabilty off spray. Then when you spray....hold on. FYI I know a few guys at BOSS and know they make good product. IF they say it will work then it will work. Ask them.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I'm also curious how long a bottle lasts.. I know if varies a lot. When you hit the switch does it just keep spraying till you let go? Or does it just give it a measured shot and then stop? If its just a measured shot I would think you could get a ruff Idea of how many shots per bottle.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm also curious how long a bottle lasts.. I know if varies a lot. When you hit the switch does it just keep spraying till you let go? Or does it just give it a measured shot and then stop? If its just a measured shot I would think you could get a ruff Idea of how many shots per bottle.
Typically any nitrous system will be spraying as long as you're at WOT and have the system "armed".

G

·
This is always the problem. No spray = less hp= less rpm = less hp. IF you add a rev box and set it at something higher than stock then you could mantain your current drivabilty off spray. Then when you spray....hold on. FYI I know a few guys at BOSS and know they make good product. IF they say it will work then it will work. Ask them.
Yeah..If you clutch for the N20 to pull say 6200 on the spray(just below the soft limit on a STD)...then N/A that same clutch set up isn't going to get you a 6200 shift out..just curious what adding a "rev box" will do for that?

Edit..ahh..I think I get what you are saying...with the clutching set up so it works ok without the N20 you need the rev limit raised so it can rev higher on the spray without hitting the limiter on the same clutching? I had a moment and couldn't see the forest for the trees lol.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
My ECU was flashed my MPI so my rev limiter is already raised.. I would love to here from someone who runs N20 on their RZR.. The RZR is pretty good for me most of the time.. But there is those big hills or just open roads where I would love some more get and go..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts