Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any input on these? I can‘t find much info, so thats a little worrisome.
I am mostly hard packed dirt, almost zero sand, some “trail mud, and lots of pavement.

I believe I’ve narrowed it down to these or BFG km3, or maybe the Tensor Regulators. The Tensors look wider than what I’d like, even though they are listed at 10”. Carnivores got ruled out because i think they’d wear to fast from all the pavement.

Link:

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
They're a great tire. I would have them if they'd ever getting around to making the size I want, when I want it. They are the K spec race compound, so they have very soft tread blocks and won't have incredible longevity, but they do awesome on the rocks, trails, and desert. They also have a very strong sidewall and are well manufactured, as you'd expect from Nitto.

If you plan an riding lots of pavement, and want longevity, they're probably not the best tire for you tho. They'd be smooth on the pavement, but will wear quicker than the other tires you mentioned.

But on that note, a good mud tire, and a good wearing and smooth pavement tire, are a pretty hard cross to find, so you will probably have to find the compromise that suites you. I know @Max H runs the KM3, and I don't think he has been very happy with them in the mud or snow, but likes them a lot everywhere else. ( That right Max? Fairly certain that's what you told me ).

UTV tires in general aren't going to have amazing mileage on pavement because they are softer by design than a light truck tire. Not saying you can't get 3000 miles + out of a set, but I wouldn't expect anything like 10,000 miles or anything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the very detailed response! 👍🏻

Mud is hard for me to describe. I avoid it when I am able and you’d never see me “drive off in a hole”, but some of the trails I ride are a mixture of rock and clay. I am in central TN, so my riding consist of areas like Royal Blue Or Westpoint (less known).

Maybe Max H will chime in, and I’ll try and search for some of his comments on them too.

Am I overlooking some good choice?

If I can get 2,000 miles out a set that I like, I’ll be happy.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
I would look at the Tusk Terrabite honestly, they're a great all around tire for the price, and 2000 miles is perfectly within their capabilities, A buddy of mine has about 1400 miles on a set with a good deal of asphalt riding and they are still above half tread, and he's perfectly happen with them on everything he's ridden.

·
Supporting Vendor
2,426 Posts
The BFG T/A KM 3 is a good looking tire that gets solid reviews. RWB713 has some good observations. I haven't head any feedback regarding their wear when riding on the road but as a trail tire in the type of terrain you mention they should do very good.

I've been running a set of 32x10R-15 Tensor Regulator tires in the deserts in AZ and UT with very good results although they are not a mud tire, which works out good for me as I hate mud.They do however ride smooth and quiet on the road and provide solid traction in hard pack conditions.

Another tire to add to your mix is the Rage Mohave, it's an 8 ply rated DOT approves tire that has more of an MT flat tread pattern that also works good in trail conditions. I have a friend I ride with that really enjoys this tire on his RZR 4 Turbo.

If we can help please let us know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The BFG T/A KM 3 is a good looking tire that gets solid reviews. RWB713 has some good observations. I haven't head any feedback regarding their wear when riding on the road but as a trail tire in the type of terrain you mention they should do very good.

I've been running a set of 32x10R-15 Tensor Regulator tires in the deserts in AZ and UT with very good results although they are not a mud tire, which works out good for me as I hate mud.They do however ride smooth and quiet on the road and provide solid traction in hard pack conditions.

Another tire to add to your mix is the Rage Mohave, it's an 8 ply rated DOT approves tire that has more of an MT flat tread pattern that also works good in trail conditions. I have a friend I ride with that really enjoys this tire on his RZR 4 Turbo.

If we can help please let us know.
Thank you for the additional tire to consider.
Is there any chance you can get a durometer measurement for the Nittos? RWB said they are soft. I’d be curious how soft that it.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
Thank you for the additional tire to consider.
Is there any chance you can get a durometer measurement for the Nittos? RWB said they are soft. I’d be curious how soft that it.
I'd be curious of that info too....Purely a guess, but I'm saying somewhere in the 40-45A range.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
I know @Max H runs the KM3, and I don't think he has been very happy with them in the mud or snow, but likes them a lot everywhere else. ( That right Max? Fairly certain that's what you told me ).
That is correct ..they are a very good summer tire and they wear very well , I love them in the summer and I will probably stay with them in the future . But I do not like them in mud. They do not clean out well and they turn into a mud slick.
They work fine if you just hit small patches of mud / clay here and there

@R3d R3b3l I have zero experience riding in your terrain back east but I would say if you see a good amount of mud and clay then the BFG KM3 tires may disappoint you . In the picture you posted they would work great but if it gets greasy ..then I would consider the Tusk option like RWB713 said

Reactions: R3d R3b3l

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put some 30" Tusk Aramid Terrabites on my 1000 XP this year and have been very happy with them. Similar riding to yours I'd bet in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. We do a lot of trail, Forest Service gravel and pavement, and encounter snow, mud, rock and they've done really well. Clean out in mud has been pretty good so far. Haven't had a chance to try them in snow yet but that season is coming quickly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is great, I think y’all talked me into a tire that is out of stock. 😜

Just messing. I do appreciate all the comments and I think the terrabite is the direction I’ll go. I’ve got a couple more weeks before my wheels are finished to change my mind anyway.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
What about the new Toyo? That would be on the top of my list if I was looking for a hard pack tire. Hard to beat the quality of Toyo tires, at least when it comes to vehicle tires and I’m sure the UTV are every bit as nice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me, I am not sure it would clean out well enough when our areas get greasy. And on top of that, I can’t find durometer readings for it. I have seen everywhere from 30 to 68, so who really knows. If I thought that it would clean out well, I might order one just to check how hard it is and then decide.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts