Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they do a night ride at the ROTR? Being from Ohio, its rare we get to go anywhere riding like this and i thought it would be nice to go out at night for a short ride. Just curious?

·
Vendor
1,547 Posts
We do a night ride every year on Moab Rim. It is an unofficial ride and is not part of ROTR.

We will post a thread with details before the event if you're interested in joining us.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Myself and a buddy of mine are definitely in. Not looking for super technical, just want to take in the view and a nice night ride while we are in Utah. We dont get to see these types of landscapes or night skies very often. Ours are usually mud and trees.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Moab Rim is one of the more technical trails in Moab. You may want to check the trail rating before going. If you want a relaxed evening under the stars there are better choices but the veiw from the rim is pretty cool.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im actually good with whatever. We are used to straight up hills and rocks/streams. Besides, at the night the trails always look easier anyway :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Im actually good with whatever. We are used to straight up hills and rocks/streams. Besides, at the night the trails always look easier anyway :)
Never been to Moab before, have you? LOL A night ride on the Rim? No thank you. :wink

·
Registered
286 Posts
A night ride on Hells Revenge would be a good ride. That's one I would be up for. Did Sovereign Trail one night. That's a trail I have ridden several times, and know well, but in the dark, let's just say I'm glad I had my GPS... The open expanse of slick rock at the north east end of the trail, in the dark, was a little tricky to navigate. Amazing how tough it is to find the painted trail markers in the dark. :turtle: The darkness turns a familiar trail into a new trail.

·
Denver, CO - 303-400-0205
2,107 Posts
A night ride on Hells Revenge would be a good ride. That's one I would be up for. Did Sovereign Trail one night. That's a trail I have ridden several times, and know well, but in the dark, let's just say I'm glad I had my GPS... The open expanse of slick rock at the north east end of the trail, in the dark, was a little tricky to navigate. Amazing how tough it is to find the painted trail markers in the dark. :turtle: The darkness turns a familiar trail into a new trail.
Yep. Hells Revenge is a blast at night.

During ROTR week, we do Moab Rim at dusk on Thursday night, and we do Hells Revenge at Dusk on Friday night. Not part of the rally of course, but we get a big group every year, and have been doing the night rides for 5 or 6 years now.

The Friday night Hells Revenge ride is starting to get BIG. It is a ton of fun.

·
Premium Member
7,416 Posts
Never been to Moab before, have you? LOL A night ride on the Rim? No thank you. :wink
What he said. ^^^^^ A day ride on the Rim can take your breath away, don't wanna contemplate a night ride...:yikes::scared2:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hmm...every time I go to Moab, Moab Rim at night is a must ride for me. In fact, I've never done it during the day. That being said, it can be quite sketchy, no matter when you ride it. If you've never done it before, go with people who have. Last year's ride was a lot fun...both the Rim and Hell's Revenge.

·
Vendor
1,547 Posts
It's the same trail at night that it is during the day. Lol

Views are much better, however.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone doing a night ride tonight? We r here staying at koa just chilling by our rv and don’t know how to get to any trail just to do a little ride

·
Vendor
1,547 Posts
We are doing our annual night ride on Thursday to Moab Rim and Friday on Hells Revenge. Anyone interested, just stop by our booth in the arena and let us know.

We meet at the trailhead at dusk and leave out shortly thereafter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts