Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Durhamtown
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys are familiar with the durhamtown 4 hour endurance races, that is what I am talking about. I will be racing in the Oct. 13th race. My question is, for the night portion of the race, can I be competitive WITHOUT a lightbar? Everyone seems to run them but I can't seem to get myself to drop a grand on a 30inch bar. Also, will a 10 inch bar do the job or am I wasting my money and should just get the 30 inch?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Don't know about needing a light for racing...would assume it would help...but you really don't need to drop a grand on a light.

I have a 20" Voltage light bar I bought from Wheelieboy and it puts out a ton of light and is very well built. Paid a lot less than half a grand, and it came with everything needed to mount including wire harness, relay and fuse, switch and rollbar mounts.

There are other vendors on here that offer light bars at a very good price point. Quality may differ, but you should be able to find what you need at a better price.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
The tqs 30" bars are pretty cheap. Check them out in the he vendor section

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
a couple of those 100 dollar 4" hids will work fine, led light bars have a little better fill and a whiter light,but I've got/used both and I don't think there's a huge performance difference,as in how fast you can drive do to lighting's effectiveness

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do a huge amount of night riding and use one of the $350 30" light bars, its more than enough light to run at any speed with a RZR XP and you will not overrun the lights. The only issue is dust here in the desert, if there is dust in the air you may want something with a spot beam down low as well. When I catch someone I end up turning the bar off because of it only makes it worse with dust in the air. Just a thought, awesome lights for the money though.

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
I do a huge amount of night riding and use one of the $350 30" light bars, its more than enough light to run at any speed with a RZR XP and you will not overrun the lights. The only issue is dust here in the desert, if there is dust in the air you may want something with a spot beam down low as well. When I catch someone I end up turning the bar off because of it only makes it worse with dust in the air. Just a thought, awesome lights for the money though.
Dust can become an issue so we run a 10" Rigid Amber light as well and use that in the dust. Works great!

Chris
Devious PowerSports

·
RZR55
207 Posts
tribal whips has a 30 inch one for 400 and its very bright and the best warnetty out there
i have a 20 in tribal whips i like it alot russ is the man he will put together a lite for what you are going to do with it . i told him i woods race he put together a lite for me works awesome also i put a amber cover on it seemed to help with the glare from the dust

1 - 12 of 12 Posts