Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

wait till the end for the dyno pull it sounds awesome!
Dont know if it will make it to production but...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just imagine the looks on peoples faces when that awesome sound coming up the dune is coming from a RZR! Now if I just had Garys wallet! Oh, and a 300m ring and pinion set for the rear diff... :) Oh, and some 300m axles... :) Wait and some custom HD CV's... Damn might have to find a new trans/transfer case... :) Man then thiers that damn front diff... :) LOL

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kooYoibfeA

wait till the end for the dyno pull it sounds awesome!
Dont know if it will make it to production but...
I don't think there is anything more gratifying in life than when everyone thinks you can't do something, or something just can't be done, then that person or person's take that as a challenge not a put down and do something like this..They made an engine that just didn't exist..it's beautiful! I like how they were taking an open approach..(here's our engine...Let's see what you guys can do to it!) Good luck Holtz, MCX ect...If it ever goes mainstream! As for engine swaps.... you can go as far as your wallet will take you...
Little story...
We fabricated a 1976 VW Super Beetle and modified it with a Chevrolet 427! One of the best engines made during the muscle car era (arguably..I'm not saying the "BEST", but one of the best!!) Now I didn't know crap about engines, and I'm still not much better off, but I knew fabrication..When it came to welding and making engine mounts ect.. That's what I was getting graded on! (it was our Colleges' Final's Project for the Welding class (me), Fabrication Class (guys doing CAD & CNC), of course Automotive & Auto body and paint, electrical..just about all the electives on that side of the school were involved in some way? I guess this guy made a "donation" to the School & provided the Car (basically a shell & all rusted and damaged, wiring fried)) and the Motor (needed a rebuild BADLY), and the Professors' liked the idea..and it became our Final. Personally I was glad.. The actual Final was supposed to be a BBQ grill (Gas) made from scratch (and the College would sell them, it was very smart), you had to use both regular metal and Aluminum (basically covering ARC, MIG, TIG, Oxyacetylene, and cutting torch..Was a lot for a first year student.. But I got my certification 8 months later.. I learned a lot (like I have a pure HATRED for welding overhead pipe w/ ARC!!) All Classes successfully did their the VW Beetle pulled a 1/4 mile in 13.6 seconds @ 103MPH ( the CNC class got the lowest grade, I didn't understand why, But apparently that engine had A LOT of Aluminum upgrades, and it was their "Finals" to remake the parts for that motor (that was now in the front!) and apparently the car "could" have gone much faster if they did a better job?? Faster than 13.6 @ 103?? In a bug?? but they are Professors and they do know what they teach and when it comes to CAD and CNC machines & making parts (as some of our vendor know all too well) there isn't room for error when time and Money are on the line..and your reputation.(from what I heard the teacher was pretty pissed off about something, but I never understood, it was an error that caused a failure in a part that had to be rebuilt )Then surprise!! The "owner" Donated the car after All was said and done for a "raffle" $5 a ticket..They raised $67,000 (yup, Sixty Seven Thousand Dollars!!)[/B] That's a LOT of tickets... But this was Fayetteville Technical Community College and there are some 80 thousand workers on and around Fort Bragg Alone...ALL the money was given to St. Jude Children's Hospital!:clap::clap::clap:

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
... But this was Fayetteville Technical Community College and there are some 80 thousand workers on and around Fort Bragg Alone...ALL the money was given to St. Jude Children's Hospital!:clap::clap::clap:
And shortly after the lucky winner took the keys for it, it was doing 103mph down the Yadkin 500 I am sure. :rofl3:

I still think that if you can get an engine that can do 97 mph in a lawn mower, it can definitely fit in a RZR.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Wow that KMV4 sounds awesome..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry guys the comp. is 12.5:1... piston swap required.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Kind of a disappointment if you ask me. There is no "new" technology or anything groundbreaking in the design. I thought they were doing something "different". It's just half of a chevy small block sitting there. Why not dual overhead cams and make some real power?

Lotus Elise with a swapped in DOHC V4 engine:

(Driver's an idiot, but you gen an idea of what it's capable of.)

Lotus Elise V4 Engine - Video

Or even something like this......

2-stroke 1025 cc FI V-4 that makes 275 hp @ 10k rpm.......oh yeah

Ooooooorrrr, if you have Gary's budget.....:hihi:

Ferrari V-4...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DOHC would add alot to the cost of the engine and not add alot over the GDI. Sure It would be better over all but they need to keep costs down and pushrod engines still do pretty good...
I want the 1025cc 2 stroke! That would work great with the CVT in the RZR. with the norrower torque band it might be easier on parts too...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts