Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to hit Glamis this year and not sure what sand tires to purchase or if I need them. I just bought a 2011 800 s le with 1 hour on it. If I need them where are the best prices on tire wheel combos and are all wheels interchangeable? Dont want to buy something and the bolt pattern be off!

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
If it's your first trip I'd just run your knobbies in 4wd and check it all out. You can go pretty much anywhere you want to go in 4wd. Then if you catch the fever (we know you will) check into getting some paddles. There are quite a few options for a RZR-S. The top two I'd consider are the ITP Dunestars and the DWT Doonz paddles. Or Skat Trak Haulers but those are for a later discusion since they make any combination of sizes/paddles you want depending on your riding style.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. That will lower the cost of my first trip substantially! As far as paddles go for a stock engine I read that a 7 paddle is the way to go. Not sure if I have the right lingo. And smoothies in the front.

·
glamisdunes*****
3,644 Posts
Do the bBasters !!!!!! Everyone i know who has them say there the the best there expinsive but if you do Glamis alot there worth it .... Call Dave at Fullerton tire..... I have some buddies that have s's and thats what they run on the all stock rzr s

·
Registered
818 Posts
with the 800 i found that my haulers in the rear and stock nobs up front worked great. Then I switched to the Doonz. Seemed to help the car stay on top of the sand better. But you do not need paddles to do the dunes. It does help, but all you have to do is lower the psi in the tires and off you go. Just make sure to hit everything at a 45deg angle so you can keep going or turn away. Dont forget a whip as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts