Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 with 120hrs 800 I am wanting to put a turbo on, I know there's alot of topics on it but I thought I'd make my own to get best answers
-where can I find the best dyi write ups
-what is a 3rd injector
-I'd like to keep the motor stock if possible
-what fuel mapping device will I need
-basically what parts I will need and whatever you guys think the beat bang for your buck is
-are these "safe" for mud and what not,
-I will be needing belt soon what clutch kit should I get
-not that it will be submerged or nothin
THANK YOU!

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/75114-so-begins.html

I'll try to anser some of your questions. I'm by far no expert but there are a lots of folks on here who know a LOT about these and they were there to help me so I[m sure you will do well.

The third injector is one way to add additional fuel while under boost. You need to use a fuel controller that has an extra plug for the injector but there are several options available both included in the turbo kits and as an aftermarket add-on. You need additional fuel while under boost be it through larger injectors or the third injector which is usually installed via a custom made intake manifold or by drilling out a cast in boss on the later throttle bodies.

You can leave the engine stock but will be limited to about 6-8 psi boost due mostly to the stock compression ratio. there are shims for the cylinder and head/cylinder interface to help lower compression. also the crank may not handle higher boost without pinning and welding

You'd be best served to buy a complete kit but home built turbo systems aren't out of the question. Frozenboost.com has everything for this except for the actual turbo itself.
There are several clutch kits that will work and yes you will need one for the turbo.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info medik!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts