Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am completely new to this forum and to ATV's as well. I have a couple of complete newbie questions I'd love to get some help with.

First, I am looking at a range of Rangers and other ATV's for my use. I have many acres of field, forest, etc. Mostly my needs are to get around the land. We have some wood roads cut in, but sometimes I may need to cut through the forest (which is mostly pretty open). I also will be needing to haul a chain saw around, and haul out bucked wood (4 foot lengths), maybe even drag the occasional log or two. More payload (fewer) trips in and out of the forest is important. I hate going back and forth a million times.

So any rec's. My dealer is very much pushing a Ranger over the more Sportsman atv's for my purpose. I test drove a couple yesterday.

Next, is buying an ATV like buying a car? Can you bargain? There are many dealers around here, so it is not like with a car dealer I can easily bring my business elsewhere.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Dan,

From my perspective, a SXS, like the RZR, is much safer than an ATV. You're sitting in a seat, inside a roll cage, you have seatbelts and can add 4 or 5 point harnesses.

If you're just looking for something around the place, and are not looking at a recreational vehicle...then go for a Polaris Ranger. More suited to hauling what you use than a RZR.

You can bargain some, but if you want to use the local dealer you may not get much. If you are willing to deal with dealers all over the country you might find a better deal, but lose out on the costs to go get it! I wouldn't expect to be able to bargain much on the cost of the machine, but you can ususally negotiate a 15 or 20 percent discount on accessories. Might be able to get a good deal on an extended warranty, which would probably work out if you're just using it as "farm machinery".

JMO

Pirate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, JMO. This is really helpful.

My son wanted me to get a Ranger too so he could ride along. I did like the longer wheel base than the ATV's for getting through some of the stream "saddles" and the ground clearance is the same. I like the stability notion.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts