Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of deciding on either a new 800 S or even wait for a 850 S ??? .I want something that fits in a f350 box. The 900xp is fast but just to wide for most areas I ride at and id like to keep the dimensions no larger then the current 800 S.

Since I am new to the side by side market (atc/atv vet) what are the chances that Polaris will release a faster version of the 800 S ???

I really want power steering, and say around 100hp. Like I said it must be around the same size as the current 800 S.

Lastly is turbo charging the 800 S reliable? or is it more of a ok if you plan to rebuild each season type of thing?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I think the chances of an upgraded "S" are slim to none right away with the Maverick just now coming out. The next model will probably be something like an upgraded XP to be king of the hill in the HP battle, but maybe the next year. IMHO.

Turbos can be really reliable as long as you get a good kit and have a clean install, you can put 1000's of miles on them. Don't turn the boost up too high and guys have put over 10,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Rzr S getting more power....unlikely but possible a version of the 900 detuned
50" Rzr getting more power...unlikely
Rzr XP getting more power..very likely

best bet to get a used S and then buy a turbo or buy one with a turbo already if you are sticking to 60"

But the XP is pretty awesome out of the gate

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I was told a while back from a friend who races for Polaris that the 850 sportsman engine will NEVER see its way into a SxS. I dont know why....but he said he was told my whoever he deals with that it wont ever happen. Beyond that I know nothing LOL!

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I was told a while back from a friend who races for Polaris that the 850 sportsman engine will NEVER see its way into a SxS. I dont know why....but he said he was told my whoever he deals with that it wont ever happen. Beyond that I know nothing LOL!
It wont be a sportsman engine. The prostar is going to be around for a while. They will use these eventually in all of thier RZR lineup. They need to weed out the 800 motor first.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
These 800s are going to be around for a long time, at least for those who can keep dirt out of the throttle and do regular oil changes.

As for something quicker than a 800s, go with a std, they are quicker, and better for trails.

:popcorn:

G

·
I just want to do wheelies :) LOL
Sounds like you are a HP junkie..And even a stock XP wont keep you happy for for very long probably. If you are width limited go with the 800 and turbo it..reliability can be had..and how reliable is only limited by how hard you want to push it with boost/RPM and the depth of your pockets. Even a mild-moderately built turbo 800 will put a hurting on an stock XP in the power dept.

BTW there is one or 2 narrowing kits available for the XP..but it's not a "cheap" endeavor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One admitted HP junky here :). I have a built KTM MXC 380 (410cc, full port 80+hp) ,had a quadzilla built up, then my cars, 98M3, 2005 S4 and my current ride a 2007 Audi S6 V10 ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts