Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,a newbie here, to both the forum and RZRs.Been riding 3 and 4 wheelers for years ,and yesterday took my first ride on my new RZR Walker Evans Edit. Loved it! Only prob. I had was I needed a little more ground clearance. Any suggestions on the best way to get another 1.5-2. in.? By best I mean keeping me at 50", not changing the shocks I paid extra for, and mainly not screwing up the great handling, ride etc,. Is this possible or am I asking too much?

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Hi guys ,a newbie here, to both the forum and RZRs.Been riding 3 and 4 wheelers for years ,and yesterday took my first ride on my new RZR Walker Evans Edit. Loved it! Only prob. I had was I needed a little more ground clearance. Any suggestions on the best way to get another 1.5-2. in.? By best I mean keeping me at 50", not changing the shocks I paid extra for, and mainly not screwing up the great handling, ride etc,. Is this possible or am I asking too much?
Racer Tech 2" Lift Kit...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Racer Tech 2" Lift Kit...
X2 and welcome

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome to the madness, CATVOS has a 2/3" adjustable bracket lift, that w/a set of 30" dominators or something along that line will give plenty of GC for most situations.

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum.I would start with the lift kit and if you need more clearance then change the tires.I dont use a lft kit but if I did I would use the racertech kit.I have seen some chitty one's that will affect the ride.Some people need more clearance then others for diffrent type of riding but keep in mind.The higher you go the tippier it will be.especialy if you want to stay 50" wide.I like to keep my ride low so I made sure I put on a good skid pan from Factory UTV the stock skid suck's.You may also want to upgrade the skid if your draging the bottom.

·
Registered
304 Posts
get the 2 in lift bigger tires make the gear ratio off and will tax the popo eng..=slower

^^^^agreed. It will slow you down, but you dont have listed where you're from or what type of riding you do.

Where I ride slow and technical are usually the case, very seldom do I get above 20 mph.

When I had my 08 Std RZR, i had a 2 inch lift w/30" mudzilla's for mud riding and 28" Outlaw MSTs for the hard pack, rock crawling and back roads in Arkansas and Ok. I never felt tippy and kept it w/in 50"s so I could still ride the National Forest around here.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
May want to check your shock setting. My Walker Evans was set really soft. I called Walker Evans and they were great to deal with. I went up 2 clicks all the way around and down 1" on the springs. It also gave me another 1" ground clearance. Might try that first.
PS. Hint from Walker Evans, Adjust the springs with a 1/4" punch. Fits perfect.:pint:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.