Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm a former HD rider (sold my king last fall) that got bored with the late summer activity and tried to convince my wife we needed to get back on the road and head west. She flat out said "NO" so I took her to a Polaris ATV store the following week and got her interested in the ATV world and a 2-up poo! She wandered off and the next thing I see her test driving a RZR! Well long story short 2 days latter we bring a 2008 red rzr home. The rzr only has 400 miles and 40 hours on the clock and I'm looking forward to a ride "today"! She's still on the truck as I post.
I'm sure you all will see more of me on this site and I hope I can gain as much from this site as some of the other awesome forums out there. Looks like a well put together site.
I really need to go, I have a date with an RZR! See Ya!
Will post some pic's and update my profile latter

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome to the site....where are you located in Wisconsin? I am about 1/2 north of Wisconsin Dells.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm also a newbie but let me add my welcome to the forum. I've found this to be a great source of info. We also bought a used rig - we didn't want to put a ton of money into a new RZR for two reasons: we didn't know if we would like it and second we didn't want to learn on a brand new rig. From what I can find out 40 hours is like nothing - my friend bought his with 720 hours and it still runs like new. Ours has seen some rough duty before we got it - dents and scratches, engine has caked on mud - it was pretty bad. But we're working on fixing it up and learning. So far this is no where as good as sex but it's right up there with great fun.:):):)

Bill

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
Spent a few years in Ashland...beautiful area! In Appleton now, but don't get out much in WI with the RZR...will be in IN this coming weekend tho and IA the following :)

Welcome!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome fellow Wisconsinites! We live just south of Portage on the WI River but do all our riding up in Iron County. Stayed at the Valhalla Resort last Feb while sledding. Pretty country, I like the rolling hills. Would like to see it sometime without snow. Looks like a lot of fire roads for exploring with a RZR in that area. We put on about 1500 off-road miles a year in Iron County, camping out of a toy hauler at one of the waterfalls.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome! Newb here also and i also just got an 08 red rzr. There's a lot of information here. There may be too much information, because i have way too many plans for mine already and i just got my rzr on Sunday. Let's see some pics!

·
Registered
443 Posts
You won't get to much farther north in Wisconsin lol

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You won't get to much farther north in Wisconsin lol
You are correct! The Valhalla area is about 10 miles from Cornucopia, the Northern most town in Wisconsin. My wife and I own one of the rental cabins at the Valhalla Lodge area. Great place to stay, not just because we are a cabin owner but the people and the trails are awesome! Lived here for 55 years and know my way around pretty well. Big snowmow nut also! We just took our first ride tonight, came back in the dark in fact and I will be investing in some better lighting. Anyone have any input on this to share?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually, I’m putting together a ride for the weekend of Sept 25 up in Iron County WI. We’ll be wilderness camping at a waterfall but for those who require electricity there’s a nice little campground (in Upson) not too far away. Fall colors should be looking pretty good about that time. This isn't going to be a huge affair, right now I've only invited a couple others and don't know if they're going to make it. We usually go up Thursday night, ride Friday and Saturday then leave Sunday morning. If you would like more info you can email me at [email protected].

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.